"Your edges are officially snatched!"
Drag Name Origin
Rivera took inspiration for their drag name from the 1982 Bollywood movie "Disco Dancer", which features a song in it's corresponding soundtrack titled 'Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Aaja'. Rivera resonated with the lyric "Aja", and decided that Aja would be their drag name.
Rupaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 9|
|Times as Team Captain||1 (ep. 4)|
|Main Challenges Won||0|
|Times in Bottom Two||2 (ep. 3, 7)|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 7|
In episode one: "Oh. My. Gaga!" Aja did well in the first challenge, landing her a "safe" spot. For the challenge, the queens had to showcase a hometown look and a Lady Gaga inspired look. For the hometown look, she did the Statue of Liberty, representing New York. The Lady Gaga look she chose was Gaga's Commes des Garcons dress. The judges gave both looks "okays" and Lady Gaga said (about Aja), "This girl- she's gonna keep surprising you".
Episode three: "Draggily Ever After"- For the main challenge, the girls were asked to create a fairy tale princess, and their sidekick, for the runway. Aja started off confident, because of her talents in sewing. Her princess character was named "Disastah", and was based on a volcano eruption. Her sidekick was a storm cloud. She was critiqued by Michelle Visage for not knowing what her look was, and her makeup being rough and dark for the last few episodes. Aja ended up in the bottom 2, lip syncing for her life. In the end, she sent home Kimora Blac. During work time, her makeup was clocked by Alexis Michelle. As well, she was really aggressive and bitter towards Farrah Moan and Valentina in Untucked, lashing out due to stress at being in the bottom.
Episode four: "Morning Bitches!" - Aja was chosen as the team captain as she survived the lip sync. She was a part of the winning group but didn't win the challenge.
Episode seven: "9021-Ho" - Aja was originally cast in "9021-Ho" as Grandrea, but became stressed and switched with Shea Couleé. Aja ended up with Bethany but was criticized for her line delivery and overall performance. Aja ended up in the bottom two against Nina Bo'nina Brown despite a praised runway look, and she ended up being eliminated in ninth place.
- Aja was the last queen to enter the werkroom on Season 9.
- Aja was originally going to wear the rainbow kimono that Lady Gaga wore, and instead later changed it to the 'Beauty Has No Shape' (Comme des Garçons) dress. She has said that she had saved the kimono for a future date whilst competing, and decided to wear the tribute to Comme des Garçons as she was suffering from anorexia at the time of filming.
- Aja had to post an Instagram photo and explain about her skin due to criticisms about her makeup looking rough.
- Aja is the youngest queen to compete on Season 9, at the age of 22 during filming.
- Aja left the first eliminated queen Jaymes Mansfield her phone number along with a note that read, "It was fun meeting you! Stay amazing, learn to believe in yourself, and if you ever need a friend I'm here."
- Aja is the mother of the drag family "The Haus of Aja". Her drag daughters are Dahlia Sin, Kandy Muse, and Momo Shade.
- Aja identifies as genderfluid and goes by they/them pronouns. She discussed this while being interviewed by Peppermint on her Rupaul's Drag Race Recap Show.
- Aja, Alexis Michelle, Peppermint, and Sasha Velour recorded a song together titled "C.L.A.T." 
- Aja dropped out of high school to do drag, although she had perfect grades. 
- Aja, along with Alexis Michelle, Peppermint, and Sasha Velour, was interviewed for getoutmag and had to wear a Broadway themed look, Aja doing Grease.
- In episode 7, Aja implies that she does some form of divination readings, possibly in the brujeria style.
- Many fans call Aja a member of the curse of 9th place. Fellow queens who got the "curse" are Max and Milk.
- When Aja was eliminated on episode 7, she gave Nina Bo'Nina Brown some of her clothes.
- Aja won Drag Queen of the Year at the 4th Annual Brooklyn Nightlife Awards in 2016. 
- "I feel so at home with so many talented girls."
- "The true gagarini. That is what is about to go down."
- "Nina Bo'nina fell on the sofina!"
- "I'm an Illuminati princess, they tried to silence me and I'm like, no bitch I'm still gonna talk."
- "You’re perfect, you’re beautiful, you look like Linda Evangelista, you’re a model! Everything about you is perfect! Did you stone those tights? Oh, you’re smiling! They eat her up EVERY SINGLE TIME she’s on that damned stage . *aggressive gibberish* -She could walk out there in a fucking diaper and they’d be like, “Valentina! Your smile is beautiful!"- Aja's Untucked rant directed at Valentina.
- "Girl I feel like a soft serve ice cream cone right now!"
- "Did my nose get thinner?"
- "AHHHHHHH -cough-" Aja leaving the studio
- "Bye Untucked Lounge, No more drunk Aja well..."
- "Gurl, we almost just got killed by a roach."
- "Gooped and Gagged."
- "Girl, she is carrying"
- "Werk fan favourite!"
|Peppermint • Shea Couleé • Trinity Taylor|
|5th: Alexis Michelle • 6th: Nina Bo'nina Brown • 7th: Valentina • 8th: Farrah Moan • 9th: Aja • 10th: Cynthia Lee Fontaine • 11th: Eureka O’Hara • 12th: Charlie Hides • 13th: Kimora Blac • 14th: Jaymes Mansfield|
|RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Ross Mathews|
|Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenburg|