Alaska Thunderfuck 5000, also known as just Alaska on the show, is the stage name of Justin Andrew Honard, an American drag performer who was a runner-up on Season 5 of RuPaul's Drag Race and won RuPaul's All Stars Drag Race (Season 2).
Justin studied Theater at the University of Pittsburgh. After graduation, he moved to LA to get more acting jobs, and there she started doing drag professionally. He met Sharon Needles during a holiday break. Sharon went back to Pittsburgh, and shortly after they met he moved back too.
|Statistics||Season 5||All Stars 2|
|Main Challenges Won||2||4|
|Mini Challenges Won||4||2|
|Times in Bottom||0||1|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 14||N/A|
Alaska was in a relationship with Sharon Needles for four years. During season four, Sharon explained that Alaska had auditioned for every single season of Drag Race, but that Sharon had made it through on her first try. Alaska later explained that while she was upset at first about Sharon's success, she decided it was better to be her biggest fan. They were announced as the drag race "royal couple" and "super couple" until Alaska and Sharon announced their separation on December 19, 2013, explaining that it was the best thing to do, and they are currently still friends. More information on their separation can be found here and here with Sharon saying, quote: "Due to the severe change not only in mine but Alaska’s life, the survival of our partnership relies on simply changing the word 'boy' in boyfriend to 'best.' And because of my severe vanity, I’d like to keep my social media as a place dedicated to my art, and not a place to talk about my personal life. RuPaul once said that people come into our lives for different reasons for different intervals of time. I will treasure the four years we had together."
In 2014, she released her debut single, "Your Makeup Is Terrible". She released her debut album, entitled "Anus", in 2015.
In 2016, she released "Poundcake", her second album, which was supported by the lead single "Puppet".
In 2017, she appears on the video clip of the song "Power" by Little Mix with Willam Belli and Courtney Act. Later that year, the three released their first ever album credited as the AAA Girls, titled "Access All Areas".
Drag Name Origin
She was high with friends in college, and her friends were talking about the different strains that they had smoked in Amsterdam. Someone brought up Alaskan Thunderfuck and she decided that was going to be her drag name.
- Despite placing low multiple times during Season 5, she never had to lip-sync for her life. This makes her one of ten queens to never lip-sync while on the show
- Although she had to 'lip-sync for her legacy' several times on All Stars 2.
- Alaska had auditioned for every single season of Drag Race before making it onto Season 5.
- Alaska and Season 4 winner Sharon Needles were dating before both Sharon and Alaska were on Drag Race, and their relationship continued throughout their respective seasons. They split up in 2013, but still remain good friends.
- After appearing on Season 5 of Drag Race, he became addicted to drugs but was sober by the time of filming All Stars 2.
- She and fellow All Stars 2 contestant Katya are one of three pairs of queens to lip-sync against each other twice, the other pairs being Darienne Lake and BenDeLaCreme on Season 6, Shangela and BenDeLaCreme on All Stars 3.
- Alaska is Kim Chi's drag daughter as of May 11th, 2017.
- She is a part of the American Apparel Ad Girls, alongside Courtney Act and Willam.
- While on All Stars 2 she was criticized (along with Detox) for sending home stronger queens while keeping Roxxxy Andrews, despite Roxxxy placing in the bottom five times during the season.
- Alaska's drag mother is Jer Ber Jones, who mentored her when she moved to Los Angeles.
- Alaska is the second runner-up who never placed in the bottom two while the winner of her season did. The first was Nina Flowers and the third is Kim Chi.
- Alaska, along with Trixie Mattel and RuPaul, was made into a Funk Pop! figurine.
- Alaska has won 6 challenge wins: 2 in Season 5 and 4 in All Stars 2).
- Following Team Shad, Alaska is the 3rd person to win 3 challenges in a row.
- Alaska is the only queen to win the Reading is Fundamental challenge twice.
- Alaska, Bianca Del Rio and Chad Michaels appeared in the most seasons of all the winners, appearing on five seasons in total. Alaska first appeared on Season 4, second on Season 5, third on Season 7, fourth on All Stars 2, and fifth on All Stars 3.
- Alaska is the only winner to win the second challenge of the season.
- Alask's pageant queen, Lil' Poundcake, was turned into a doll that you can buy and speaks when it's stomach is pressed.
- "HIEEEEE!" (Season 5 entrance)
- "Are you red... y for me?"
- "I live for Chaz Bono... Chaz Bono came out Cher's vagina."
- "It is so good I just wanna spray it all over mah body right now."
- "Michelle Visage... You can take the girl out of New Jersey, but you can't keep the girl from giving blow jobs to homeless men along the New Jersey Turnpike
- "....I don't even know what a Rolodex is."
- "Down with communism."
- "Your makeup is TERRIBLE!"
- "I'd like everyone to meet: Lil' Poundcake. Her catchphrase is "You're not my real dad and you never will be." Lil' Poundcake enjoys ridin' dirty and bein' a straight up motherfuckin' dick pig."
- "Alyssa... she's dressed like a businesswoman of the eighties who doesn't want romance without finance."
- "How do I feel about queens who've had plastic surgery? Jealous. If I had my way, my upper lip would look like THIS..."
- "Detox, you're so seductive... Unfortunately, it's illegal to do it with you because most of your parts are under eighteen years of age."
- "Long story short, the season of the fish smells like trout." (Closing Season 5's reading challenge)
- "Well Julie, I just wrote ANUS." (As Lady Bunny in the Snatch Game)
- "Your makeup is terrible!"
All Stars 2
- "Greetings, my message for the human race is really quite simple... HIEEEEE!" (All Stars 2 entrance)
- "Let's get all star-ted!"
- "Anus-thing is possible."
- "My name is yours... What's Alaska?"
- "I'll send you 10,000 dollars via PayPal if you let me stay in this competition"
- "I beat around the bush all the time what are ya talking about arnggggghhh!" (As Mae West on Snatch Game)
As lead artist
|"Ru Girl"||2013||Non-album single|
|"Your Makeup Is Terrible"||2014||Anus|
|"This Is My Hair"|
|"Gimme All Your Money"|
(ft. Laganja Estranja)
|"The T" (ft. Adore Delano)|
|"Stun" (ft. Gia Gunn)||2017|
|"Come to Brazil"|
As featured artist
|"Let's Get Something Started"|
(Candy Apple Blue ft. Alaska Thunderfuck)
|"Can I Get an Amen?"|
(RuPaul ft. Drag Race Season 5 Cast)
|"I Look Fuckin' Cool"|
(Adore Delano ft. Alaska Thunderfuck)
|2014||Till Death Do Us Party|
|"American Apparel Ad Girls"|
(with Courtney Act & Willam)
|Shartistry in Motion|
|"Dear Santa, Bring Me a Man"|
(with Courtney Act & Willam)
|"Ride for AIDS"|
(Willam ft. Alaska Thunderfuck)
|2015||Shartistry in Motion|
|"Read U Wrote U"|
(RuPaul ft. Alaska Thunderfuck, Detox,
Katya & Roxxxy Andrews)
- Alaska's Instagram
- Alaska's Facebook
- Alaska's Twitter
- Alaska's YouTube Channel
- Alaska's Website
- Alaska on Wikipedia
2nd & 3rd: Alaska & Roxxxy Andrews
4th: Detox • 5th: Coco Montrese • 6th: Alyssa Edwards • 7th: Ivy Winters (Miss Congeniality) • 8th: Jade Jolie • 9th: Lineysha Sparx • 10th & 11th: Honey Mahogany & Vivienne Pinay • 12th: Monica Beverly Hillz • 13th: Serena ChaCha • 14th: Penny Tration
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales
Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg