Chad Michaels is a drag performer most well known for her near-perfect impersonation of Cher. She is currently the head of the Dreamgirls Revue and has been performing in drag for about 21 years.
She originally competed in the fourth season of RuPaul's Drag Race where she reached the finale but lost out to the season's winner, Sharon Needles. However, she returned for RuPaul's All Stars Drag Race later that year, paired up with Season 1's Shannel, together forming "Team Shad". Chad went on to win the title of "Queen of all Queens" and be inducted into the "Drag Race Hall of Fame", beating Raven in the final two.
She has also appeared on TV sitcoms such as Jane the Virgin and 2 Broke Girls as a Cher impersonator.
Drag Name Origin
Her name used to be Brigitte Love. She did an impersonation of Annie Lennox but people said she looked like Brigitte Nielsen. She always felt that she didn’t identify with a female name. She moved to Las Vegas in 1997 to work with La Cage, and the show required each entertainer to be introduced at the end of the show by their male name. Chad Michael is her real first and middle name, and she added ‘s’ for good measure. She didn’t want to be Chad Michael like George Michael. The name just stuck and she thinks it’s more appealing to a larger market like ‘Chad Michaels as Cher’. Hunter was her drag mother.
During Season 4, Chad earned praise as a seasoned and well-polished queen. Many of her fellow contestants were completely in awe of her during the course of the season.
After performing in a music video for Glamazon, Chad faced off against contestants Sharon Needles and Phi Phi O'Hara for the title of "America's Next Drag Superstar" in a final runway walk and lip-sync. The three girls were then informed that they would find out later who won the competition, but it was Sharon who won the competition.
Chad Michaels was announced to be one of the twelve queens competing on RuPaul's All Stars Drag Race. She and season one contestant Shannel picked each other as teammates, going under the team name "Shad". It has been revealed that Chad and Shannel have a relationship and friendship going back fifteen years. Chad also revealed this season that for a long time he and his father had a strained relationship, but have since been able to move on from it. His father sent a heartfelt message to Chad during his tenure on All Stars. After six episodes of All Stars, Chad was announced as the winner and inducted into the "Drag Race Hall of Fame".
- Chad Michaels is the first queen to win her season with being in the bottom 2 in the first episode.
- Chad Michaels along with Shannel are the first queens to win 3 challenges consecutively.
- Chad Michaels has the highest booking fee out of all the girls.
- Chad is the oldest winner of the Drag Race franchise, at 47.
- Chad, Bianca Del Rio and Alaska appear in the most seasons of all the winners, appearing on 5 seasons in total. Chad 1st appeared on Season 4, 2nd on All Stars 1, 3rd on Season 8, 4th on All Stars 3 and 5th on Season 10, and
- 2013 – Tragic Girl – Liquid360 & Chad Michaels
- "I'm Cher, bitch!"
- "Ho" I will never do that because she doesn't do that."
- "Everything I've gone through in my life has been because of Cher... the people I've gotten to meet, the clothes on my back. I basically owe her everything."
- "Show me one tape where Cher went "Ho!" she never did that!"
- "YELLOW... RED!"
- "I'm a professional."
- "There is no excuse for someone looking shoddy!"
- "May the odds be ever in your favor, darling. Ever in your favor."
- "I'm a Motherfucking Assassin."
Follow Chad Michaels
2nd & 3rd: Chad Michaels & Phi Phi O'Hara
4th: Latrice Royale (Miss Congeniality) • 5th: Kenya Michaels • 6th: Dida Ritz • 7th: Willam • 8th: Jiggly Caliente • 9th: Milan • 10th: Madame LaQueer • 11th: The Princess • 12th: Lashauwn Beyond • 13th: Alisa Summers
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales