Cynthia Lee Fontaine is the stage name of Carlos Hernandez, a drag performer from Austin, Texas. She is one of 12 contestants to compete on the eighth season of RuPaul's Drag Race, where she finished in tenth place and was awarded the title of Miss Congeniality.
Cynthia returned to the competition on the second episode of Season 9 as the "fourteenth queen" of the season, and finished in tenth place.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed:||Season 8||Season 9|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||1 (ep. 2)||0|
|Times as Team Captain:||1 (ep. 2)||1 (ep. 2)|
|Main Challenges Won:||0||0|
|Times in Bottom Two:||1 (ep. 3)||2 (ep. 5, 6)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 3||Episode 6|
Cynthia entered the competition as the surprise 14th queen in episode two, "She Done Already Done Brought It On" . At the beginning of the episode, she was assigned team captain to the "B-52 Bombers". She performed well in the challenge, and was praised by the other queens in Untucked! for being so kind.
In episode five "Reality Stars: The Musical", Cynthia was assigned the role of Kim Kardashian in "Kardashian: The Musical". She forgot the words to her part, which landed her in the bottom two against Farrah Moan. After the lip-sync, Eureka was sent home instead due to an injury sustained in the cheer challenge, and Cynthia and Farrah were both declared safe.
In episode six "Snatch Game", Cynthia chose to impersonate Sofia Vergara. Her impression was poor and she was criticised for her makeup on the runway (which Michelle thought looked like a moustache). Cynthia therefore landed in the bottom two against Peppermint, and lost. Cynthia was thanked by Ru for returning and the other queens came and hugged her as she sashayed away again.
- "How you doin' mis amores? Do you want to see my cucu?" (Season 8 entrance)
- "I'm as sexy as a goddesses and as funny as a clown"
- "I'm from Puerto Rico, but I live in Austin, Texas yaaawl!"
- "I think Acid Berry..."
- "Technical problems by "
- "GPS signal lost"
- "I'm a strong gay woman!"
- Puerto Rican frog whistle noises*
- "I thought it was funny"
- "My heart is falling out of my cucu."
- "Naysha is always giving like sexy J-Lo boomshell."
- "How you doin' mis amores? Are you ready to see my cucu, AGAIN?" (Season 9 entrance)
- "I have a cucu, but you have a CUCU, girl" (to Kimora Blac)
- "I'm intolerant lactose" (to Charlie Hides)
- "CHARLIE LET'S GO!"
- "Come on English lessons!" (to Kimora Blac)
- "Be careful with your back mi amore,I have like 75 dead bodies in that suitcase"
- "Bye werkroom maybe you'll see me again!"
- "Bye Untucked"
- "Bye LA!"
- "Bye Studio!"
- "Hashtag justice for cucu!"
- She has the same boy first name as Madame LaQueer and the same boy last name as Alisa Summers, two queens from Season 4.
- Her drag mothers are Kayra Lee and Kathy La Fontaine.
- She had been mispronouncing Acid Betty's name as 'Acid Berry' for two episodes.
- She was diagnosed with stage one liver cancer shortly after filming Season 8, but is now in remission. Acid Betty visited her several times whilst she was undergoing treatment.
- She is the lowest ranking queen to win Miss Congeniality, at 10th place.
- She moved from Puerto Rico to Texas in 2008.
- Cynthia is the first queen to be a team captain on episode 2 of two separate seasons.
- Cynthia is the second queen, after Shangela, to compete on two different seasons (excluding All Stars). She is followed by Eureka, who will return on Season 10 after leaving Season 9 due to a knee injury.
- Cynthia supported Farrah Moan and helped her get gigs early on in her drag career.
- Technically the second queen to fall over on the runway (after Akashia on Season 1), although her fall was planned as it was a parody of Madonna's BRIT Awards 2015 fall.
- Not including All-Stars, Cynthia is the only queen to be eliminated with the same ranking on two different seasons.
- Cynthia is the third queen (after Carmen Carrera and Yara Sofia) to lipsync a total number of 3 times without sending anyone home.
- Cynthia and Farrah are the second pair of queens to lipsync where someone else gets sent home instead (the first being Phi Phi O'Hara and Sharon Needles with Willam in Season 4.)
- Although Cynthia had her own look for the Season 9 photo shoot, her Season 8 photo shoot look was used for her confessionals in Season 9.
- During her lipsync on Season 8, she got glass stuck in her leg while doing the splits after Robbie Turner broke a light bulb on the stage.
- Her grandmother passed away in June 2017.
- Cynthia's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM_emGK3gev5fx8CcMFNJQQ
- If Cynthia wasn't on Drag Race, she would be on Master Chef.
4th: Chi Chi DeVayne • 5th: Derrick Barry • 6th: Thorgy Thor • 7th: Robbie Turner • 8th: Acid Betty • 9th: Naysha Lopez • 10th: Cynthia Lee Fontaine (Miss Congeniality) • 11th & 12th: Dax ExclamationPoint & Laila McQueen
Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenburg
|2nd: Peppermint • 3rd/4th: Shea Couleé & Trinity Taylor|
|5th: Alexis Michelle • 6th: Nina Bo'nina Brown • 7th: Valentina (Miss Congeniality) • 8th: Farrah Moan • 9th: Aja • 10th: Cynthia Lee Fontaine • 11th: Eureka O’Hara • 12th: Charlie Hides • 13th: Kimora Blac • 14th: Jaymes Mansfield|
|RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Ross Mathews|
|Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenburg|