Detox Icunt, also known mononymously as Detox, is an American drag performer and recording artist. Detox was a fixture in the Southern California drag scene before gaining prominence on the fifth season of RuPaul's Drag Race, placing fourth. She later returned for All Stars 2, where she finished as runner-up.
Across both of her seasons, Detox was known for her eye-catching, well put-together looks, as well as for her unique style of lip syncing.
RuPaul's Drag Race
Much like fellow contestant Alaska, Detox auditioned for every season until she eventually got cast on Season 5.
Dextox first featured in RuPaul's Drag Race in Season 1 on Episode 7, which was the recap special, when RuPaul was showcasing some of the unsuccessful applicants for that season. The episode showed Detox discussing an incident in which he "went through the windshield of a car".
Detox appeared a second time on the show during Episode 1 of Season 3 which was the casting special. Her live audition was once again showcased amongst many other unsuccessful applicants for that season, once again along with future fellow contestant Alaska.
In November 2012, Logo announced that Detox was among 14 drag queens who would be competing on the fifth season of RuPaul's Drag Race. Detox won the children's TV show-themed main challenge in the episode 3 "Draggle Rock". As part of the show, Detox sang on the "We Are the World"-inspired song "Can I Get an Amen?". The song's proceeds helped benefit the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center.
During the show, Detox teamed up with fellow contestants Alaska, and Roxxy Andrews to form an alliance called "Rolaskatox", in which panel judge Michelle Visage would warn against. The alliance was finally broken during episode 11, "Sugar Ball", when Detox was eliminated, placing 4th in the competition.
RuPaul's Drag Race Stats
|Season Competed:||Season 5|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||5 (ep. 1, 2, 5, 6, 9)|
|Times as Team Captain:||2 (ep. 2, 9)|
|Main Challenges Won:||1 (ep. 3)|
|Times in Bottom Two:||3 (ep. 5, 10, 11)|
|Episode Eliminated:||ep. 11|
- Detox holds the record for the contestant with the most mini-challenge wins in one season, with a total of 5 wins.
- Detox won the role of team captain twice during her season.
- Detox won only one main challenge during her season, in episode 3 "Draggle Rock".
- Detox was eliminated in 4th place in episode 11, "Sugar Ball"
Detox has appeared in music videos with Ke$ha and Rihanna and is a member of Chad Michaels' Dreamgirls Revue, the longest-running female-impersonation show in California. He is also a member of the band Tranzkuntinental. The band was started by Charlie Paulson and Xander Smith and features drag queens Kelly Mantle, Rhea Litré, Vicky Vox, and Willam Belli.
Detox modeled as part of the Tranimal Master Class Workshop at the Machine Project. The event was photographed by Austin Young.
In 2011, Detox acted in Showgirls in Drag, a live adaptation of Showgirls. The production was directed by Stephen Guarino and played at the Dragonfly nightclub in Hollywood.
In March 2012, Willam Belli released "Chow Down," a parody of "Hold On" by Wilson Phillips. The song featured and was co-written by Detox and Vicky Vox.
The three began performing under the name DWV, a dual reference that takes note of their first initials (Detox, Willam and Vicky) while also parodying the group SWV. Together they released several other singles: "Boy is a Bottom," a parody of "Girl on Fire" by Alicia Keys which debuted at number six on Billboard's Comedy Digital Songs, selling 3,000 downloads in its first week.; "Silicone", a parody of "Dancing on My Own" by Robyn; and "Blurred Bynes", a parody of "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke. The accompanying videos all became viral hits with views in the multi-millions.
"Wow... Holy shit we're here"
All Stars 2
"Well this is hauntingly familiar. Here we go again!"
Detox, alongside Cher Lloyd, was featured on an officially "unreleased" song by pop icon, Pierce Hawthorn titled "Pocket Full of Hawthornes". The song was an anthem dedicated to drag queens /crossdressers/transgendered/tissued dead peoples.
- Detox's drag mother is Mizz Kori, who first put Detox in drag at a club in Florida.
- Her drag daughter is Vicky Vox, a queen yet to be featured on the show.
- Her monochrome outfit from the Season 5 finale later served as the inspiration for a monochrome runway during Season 8.
- This makes Detox one of two queens (along with Violet Chachki) to have a runway based on one of their looks.
- She is mostly compared to a Brazilian actress named Claudia Raia, and in her tour to Brazil, they pretend to battle in a lip-sync for your life.
- Detox was in a car crash prior to being on Drag Race during which she lost her boyfriend. Much of the plastic surgery on her face is reconstructive surgery. As a result of this crash, Detox is unable to grow hair on part of her eyebrow.
4th: Detox • 5th: Coco Montrese • 6th: Alyssa Edwards • 7th: Ivy Winters (Miss Congeniality) • 8th: Jade Jolie • 9th: Lineysha Sparx • 10th & 11th: Honey Mahogany & Vivienne Pinay • 12th: Monica Beverly Hillz • 13th: Serena ChaCha • 14th: Penny Tration
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales
2nd & 3rd: Detox & Katya
Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg