Eureka O'Hara, known simply as Eureka, is the stage name of David Huggard, a drag performer from Johnson City, Tennessee. She is one of the 14 queens competing on the ninth season of RuPaul's Drag Race. She is the only queen to ever leave the competition on medical grounds, after injuring her leg in the cheerleading challenge. Her drag mother is Jacqueline St. James.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed:||Season 9||Season 10|
|Times as Team Captain:||0||TBA|
|Main Challenges Won:||0||TBA|
|Times in Bottom Two:||0||TBA|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 5 (Departed)||TBA|
Eureka expressed in the first episode that all she wanted from the pageant challenge was to beat rival and fellow competitor Trinity Taylor. Eureka's hometown look was inspired by a redneck woman, and her Lady Gaga look was the striped latex dress from the Telephone video. She was named as one of the top three of the challenge but did not win.
On episode three, Draggily Ever After, the maxi challenge was to create a princess and sidekick for it. Eureka decided to do a sewer princess. Her sidekick was a dog. Her princess name was You-Reek-Of-Daria, which sounds like her name. Ru decided that Eureka wasn't too bad nor too good, making Eureka safe.
On episode five, Reality Stars The Musical, Eureka was chosen to be North West. Due to her knee injury from the cheerleading challenge, she couldn't move very well during the performance and had to use crutches for her runway. Eureka was originally safe during critiques, but was asked to step forward after the lipsync. RuPaul eliminated her from the competition to heal, but promised her a spot on Season 10. Cynthia and Farrah (the bottom two) both remained in the competition.
- Eureka's knee popped while performing the cheer battle, which caused her later elimination. She later discovered she had a torn ACL, which she needed surgery for.
- Contrary to popular belief, Eureka O’Hara and Phi Phi O'Hara are actually not in the same drag family.
- She is the second queen in herstory to walk the runway on crutches (the first being Max during the nude illusion runway on Season 7)
- Eureka is the only queen to ever be sent home due to an injury.
- Eureka is the second queen to be eliminated by RuPaul without lipsyncing, the first being Willam Belli.
- RuPaul gave Eureka an open invitation to return for season 10, which she accepted.
- Eureka will be the third queen to compete on two regular seasons, after Shangela and Cynthia Lee Fontaine.
- Eureka is genderfluid, and lived as a transgender woman for a period of time.
- "Come on, give it up for the big girl! Serving pure catfish." (Season 9 entrance)
- "I'll eat you." (to Valentina)
- "What story are you telling with this unibrow?" (to Sasha Velour)
- "So your drag's like STDs, you never know what you're gonna get." (to Nina Bo'nina Brown)
- "Gag. C'mon big girl!"
- "It looks good and it tastes good!" (during the morning talkshow challenge)
- "Why you gotta push it straight to negativity?"
- "Shut it down!" (when Farrah Moan walks in)
- "Be yourself to free yourself"
- "Well you found it once and you'll find it again."
|2nd: Peppermint • 3rd/4th: Shea Couleé & Trinity Taylor|
|5th: Alexis Michelle • 6th: Nina Bo'nina Brown • 7th: Valentina (Miss Congeniality) • 8th: Farrah Moan • 9th: Aja • 10th: Cynthia Lee Fontaine • 11th: Eureka O’Hara • 12th: Charlie Hides • 13th: Kimora Blac • 14th: Jaymes Mansfield|
|RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Ross Mathews|
|Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenburg|