RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 7||All Stars 2|
|Ranking:||2nd/3rd Runner-Up||8th Place|
|Times as Team Captain:||1 (ep. 2)||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||3 (ep. 2, 7, 9)||0|
|Times in Bottom Two:||2 (ep. 8, 10)||1|
All Stars 2
"C'mon, All Stars! Let's get... this over with!"
Drag Name Origin
She needed to raise money when she was going to do her first pageant. She was working at Sleuths Mystery Dinner and the owner offered to sponsor but she has to use the name Ginger Minj as a nod to the company. In Sleuth’s legend, an actor playing Simon, an old Scottish character from the show called Squires Inn, went out to mingle with the crowd before the show. He went up to a red-headed woman and yelled across the room to his co-actor, "Hey Nigel, do you think that one’s got a ginger minge?" The woman happens to be from the UK, knew that ginger minge is a slang for red vagina and punched him in the face and broke his jaw in front of the entire audience. Ginger thinks the name fits her personality very well. It’s a little raunchy and dirty if you know what it is, but still sounds very classy, wholesome, and nice.
- "Ginger Minj is plus-size diva. She always wants to look neat, petite and ready to eat."
- "Jaidynn, I just got a vision! You may be lip-syncing for your life tomorrow, baby."
- "I'm a crossdresser for Christ. I'll have you down on your knees and begging for Jesus in a minute."
- "Kandy's dance moves are fierce but it looks like she's gonna meet you at the playground after school and beat the shit outta you."
- "I don't even know what first class is!"
- "Girl, I am from Florida. I have survived many hurricanes – but never one that's been blowing me right in the mouth!"
- "I wanted to go for a team that was not only very talented, but also very diverse. I mean, if you look at the other team, they look like Aryan Airlines."
- "I need an adult."
- "I'm about to flood my basement"
- "I need a smoke and a nap!"
- "SWEET?!... Bitch! Have you met me!?"
- "I like to describe myself as a glamour-toad."
- "I am an over-weight, asthmatic, chain smoking, crossdresser from Orlando, Florida."
- "Of course Michelle is going to judge you. IT'S.HER.JOB."
- "They got me gal!"
- "Eggs, eggs, eggs!"
- "Bitch, what show did I sign up for?"
- "My house."(As Adele in response to RuPaul asking where in England she is from in the Snatch Game)
- "Morgan McMichaels walks into the - wait that's not Morgan?"
- "Thanks for proving in season 5 that orange is the new black." (To Coco Montrese in the Reading Challenge)
- Ginger is the second plus-sized queen to make it to the Top 3, the first being Roxxxy Andrews.
- Despite considering herself to be a part of the "Bitter Old Lady Brigade" during Season 7, Ginger was only 29 at the time of filming.
- Her drag mother is legendary Orlando drag queen Rusty Fawcett.
- Ginger Minj and Pearl have the same birthday.
- Before Drag Race, she performed in cabaret-style shows with her drag sister, The Minx at Hamburger Mary's in Orlando.
- After Drag Race, Ginger found success playing Dr. Frank-n-Furter in San Antonio's Woodlawn Theatre production of Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- Like in her season's Snatch Game, Ginger performs as Adele on Battle of the Seasons Tour.
- Ginger's original entrance line for Season 7 was "C'mon Season 7, let's get ... this over with", but was asked to change it by producers. She would later use this for All Stars 2.
- Ginger refers to herself as a "Glamour toad".
- Ginger's Official Website
- Ginger's Facebook
- Ginger's Instagram
- Ginger's Twitter
- Ginger on Apple Music
- Ginger on Wikipedia
2nd & 3rd: Ginger Minj & Pearl
4th: Kennedy Davenport • 5th: Katya (Miss Congeniality) • 6th: Trixie Mattel • 7th: Miss Fame • 8th: Jaidynn Diore Fierce • 9th: Max • 10th: Kandy Ho • 11th: Mrs. Kasha Davis • 12th: Jasmine Masters • 13th: Sasha Belle • 14th: Tempest DuJour
Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenburg
Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg