During her limited run on the show, Jasmine received harsh criticism online for the negative comments she made towards other Season 7 contestants. The hate she received became so bad that RuPaul brought it up during the Season 7 finale, stating that bullying queens online is not okay.
On January 28, 2016, Jasmine uploaded a video to her YouTube channel titled "Jasmine Masters RuPaul Dragrace fucked up drag", in which she stated that the quality of the drag scene in America had gone down since RuPaul's Drag Race began airing, and most notably saying that "Rupaul's Drag Race had fucked up drag, bottom line, cut and dry". While she initially received backlash from fans for this video, slowly people began to gradually appreciate it for its unintential comic value, and it has since become a meme in the Drag Race fandom.
Since this video, Jasmine has received notable attention as a "meme queen" amongst the fanbase, with many of her YouTube videos going viral among fans, and several of her catchphrases becoming commonly used.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 7|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||0|
|Times in Bottom Two:||1|
- "I am Jasmine Masters and I have something to say."
- "No Tea, no shade, no pink lemonade."
- "I'm here! We made it, BITCHES!" (Entrance quote)
- "I wouldn't be surprised if Ru got up right now and said 'bitch, just cause of that gown, girl, you're safe as fuck" - Jasmine Masters, the episode she was eliminated
- "Not the black bitch!?, what's the Tea?!"
- "You gotta pop dem corns so the kids can eat!"
- "I wasn't brought up wearing my panties and bra on stage and reaching for something that ain't there, that's not drag."
- "It's like a, um.....like a butterfly in a cocoon? So imma be like, some type of like a cocoon. Then imma grow, so as I'm walking down to the run-walking down the runway, I'm gonna grow. Cuz the butt-the butterfly is actually is in the cocoon, this is the cocoon. And which is me, the butterfly. You know like a butterfly is in a cocoon? Every step that I take down the runway, the, uh, butterfly inside is growing. So once it get revealed to the end of the runway, the butterfly...is...there. Shoo, shoo!"
- "RuPaul's Drag Race done fucked up drag, bottom line cut and dry."
- "Panties, bitch."
- "And then there’s that old tight-ass long-horse-face Violet..."
- "Getting my jush."
- "That part"
- "Pop the corn so the kids can eat."
- "Burger King? How are you? Are you hiring today? Oh great, I will be down in a momentarily to fill up a application."
- "Wash yo ass."
- "Wash your pussy."
- "Little titties, little ass, and a little kuht-kuht."
- "Do that challenge!"
- "Well... Just as I thought... Trash!"
- singing* "Nooooo ma'am! Noooooooooo ma'am! Noooooooo ma'am!"
- "I am Jasmine Masters and I have something to say. Rupaul’s Drag Race have fucked up drag. Bottom line, cut and dry. Yes, I was on the show , I got on the show just because I needed a goddamn pay raise and I got tired of seeing bitches come from out of town, this is nothing to none of the girls, I’m just saying. I got tired of some of you bitches coming to town, not having eyelash glue, bobby pins and safety pins, and wh- duct tape, whatever you needed, but y’all got it from me and y’all was making way more than ME...have your asses came before?…….…..and I can get it, but I also said it’s the show that’s for something that I do. I am drag queen, I am an entertainer, whatever, female impersonator. I do what RuPaul does. So why not get on this show, so I can make some extra coin dollars and see the world and meet some new people. But, the show been on now for 8 years, and from those years the drag scene has really went down hill. It’s just fucked up. [...]"
- Faseegalama! (Glamazonian Airways)
- Prior to her casting at Drag Race, she appeared along with Willam Belli on an episode of "The New Normal" teaching how to read.
- Robinson also had a role in the movie "First Sunday" with Ice Cube, as Mordecai.
- She first did drag at age 17 for a Patti Labelle look-a-like contest, where she took first place and won concert tickets.
- Jasmine had tried out for RuPaul's Drag Race since season 2. She was also shortlisted for season 1.
- Robinson chose the name "Jasmine Masters" after the actress Jasmine Guy and her drag mother Destiny Masters.
- Jasmine is known for her YouTube vlogs, which often go viral among the Drag Race fanbase. Her most famous videos include "My Thoughts On Season 9 Cast" and "Rupaul Dragrace Fucked Up Drag"
- One of her videos (Fix Ur Breath) was featured in a post on Justin Bieber's Instagram page.
- Jasmine was impersonated by Nina Bo'nina Brown on the Season 9 Snatch Game. She is the fourth queen, after Alyssa Edwards, Sharon Needles, and Alaska to be impersonated for Snatch Game.
- Jasmine identifies as bisexual.
4th: Kennedy Davenport • 5th: Katya (Miss Congeniality) • 6th: Trixie Mattel • 7th: Miss Fame • 8th: Jaidynn Diore Fierce • 9th: Max • 10th: Kandy Ho • 11th: Mrs. Kasha Davis • 12th: Jasmine Masters • 13th: Sasha Belle • 14th: Tempest DuJour
Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenburg