During the course of the show, Latrice revealed that she had previously spent time in jail, although it was never specified what for. She also revealed in All Stars that she never had a relationship with her father, due to how he treated her mother. Latrice is considered a fan-favorite by many, and is remembered mostly for her laugh and her positive outlook on life, making her the "mama bear" of Season 4. She was later crowned "Miss Congeniality" of the season by fans.
Latrice was eliminated in Episode 11 of Season 4, during a challenge where she and the other contestants were challenged to create looks and outfits for three different occasions, Daytime Dog Park, Pooch in a Purse and Canine Couture, an outfit inspired by an actual dog. Latrice landed in the bottom two alongside fellow queen Chad Michaels, and lip-synced to Wynonna Judd's song "No One Else on Earth". Latrice was then eliminated.
On the Season 4 reunion show, she was voted "Miss Congeniality" by the viewing audience.
The week before being eliminated, Latrice had also been in the bottom two, but made RPDR history by lip-syncing for her life dressed as an expectant mother to "You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman", and doing it by standing entirely in one place and relying only on flawless lip-sync, raw emotional power, and classic old-school drag, without the hysterics and crazy stunts that many other contestants resort to under pressure.
Latrice was brought back on RuPaul's All Stars Drag Race as one of the twelve contestants. She and Manila Luzon were paired in the first episode under the name "Latrila". Depsite an early win in the first challenge, Latrice lipsynced for their life in the second episode and won, sending home Tammie Brown and Nina Flowers, and Manila lip-synced in the third epiosde, but lost to Jujubee. Their departure was extremely emotional, and Manila later said that it was not expected by either her or Latrice.
Drag Name Origin
Timothy chose Latrice Royale as his drag name because he knew a girl named Latrice, and Royale sounded like something very delicious and very chocolate. He chose the name so he could enter an amateur drag night contest in the mid 1990's at the infamous Fort Lauderdale club "The Copa".
- "It's time to put the rudda to the tudda at this point!"
- "You know my alter-ego is a stripper."
- "I am Latrice Mutha Fuckin Royale!"
- "Jesus is a biscuit! Let him sop you up!"
- "Guuuuuurl The Shade. The Shade of it all!!!"
- "Five G's please : Good God Get A Grip Girl."
- "Get those nuts away from my face!"
- "Let me explain to you what a bitch is: Being In Total Control of Herself"
- "She is large and in charge, chunky, yet funky. Bold and Beautiful baby."
- "OWW, EAT IT!"
- "Showin' off muh curves 'n swerves."
- "I feel gorgeous!"
- "Jiggly Caliente, BMW: Body Made Wrong!"
- "Jiggly DOES go right for that snack bin honey, it helps her think I think. Crunch crunch, oh yeah I got an idea crunch crunch, health and fitness! HA!"
- "Phi Phi O'Hara, Although reading is fundamental, darling, you might as well learn how to spell first, you illiterate fuck!"
- "I love my boys and... that's the T."
- "About 5 minutes ago I looked across at Ms. O'Hara and I realized she was ugly, and I'm at peace with that."
- "No T no shade."
- "I want people to realize, that it's okay to make mistakes, it's okay to fall down. Get up, look sickening, and Make Them Eat It!"
- "Y'all so white and Anglo Saxon...."
- "The Ultimate SHADE Of It All!"
- "I may be fat bitch, but you're ugly and I can lose weight."
- "I looked over at mis O'Hara, and I thought about how ugly she was, and I made peace with that,"
- Latrice started what could be called 'The Final Five Curse' where since season 4, the queen eliminated in the final four was lipsyncing the previous episode. Other 'victims' of this 'curse' are Detox, Darienne Lake, and Kennedy Davenport.
- Latrice Royale is the third contestant in series' history to have won two main challenges and not place in the top three, the first being Ongina in Season 1. This same scenario later occurred to Willam in Season 4, to BenDeLaCreme in Season 6, and Katya, Kennedy Davenport and Max of Season 7. Every other contestant who has won two main challenges has placed in the top three.
- She broke the trend of the winner being the last one to enter the werkroom. BeBe, Tyra Sanchez, and Raja were all the winners of their season as well as the last one to enter the workroom.
Follow Latrice Royale
4th: Latrice Royale (Miss Congeniality) • 5th: Kenya Michaels • 6th: Dida Ritz • 7th: Willam • 8th: Jiggly Caliente • 9th: Milan • 10th: Madame LaQueer • 11th: The Princess • 12th: Lashauwn Beyond • 13th: Alisa Summers
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales
Team Shad: Chad Michaels & Shannel • Team Rujubee: Raven & Jujubee • Team Yarlexis (5th): Alexis Mateo & Yara Sofia • Team Latrila (6th): Manila Luzon & Latrice Royale • Team Brown Flowers (7th): Nina Flowers & Tammie Brown • Team Mandora (8th): Pandora Boxx & Mimi Imfurst
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales