Robbie Turner is the stage name of Jeremy Baird, an American drag performer from Seattle, Washington. She is one of 12 contestants to compete on the eighth season of RuPaul's Drag Race. Noted for her razor-sharp wit, Robbie's style is described by RuPaul as "classic sass," and by fellow contestants as "smart." She was affectionately referred to as "Robbie Turnter" by Ru and the judges and became a sort of 'big sister' character to other queens during the season. Robbie has developed a devoted following.
Baird was notable as one of the most frequent "talking heads" during the season - featuring in regular, witty between-scenes commentaries. Behind-the-scenes rumors leaked that he was a production-team favorite.
"Good morning! I didn't realize this was happening today."
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed:||Season 8|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 1)|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 4)|
|Times in Bottom Two:||2 (Ep. 3, Ep. 6)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Ep. 6|
- Some of Robbie's inspirations for drag include Norma Shearer, Judy Garland, Dolly Parton.
- She believes her drag is unique because she wears "actual vintage" and has "a strong sense of history".
- Robbie was a competitive skater, and is the first and only queen to ever lip sync in roller skates. She is also the first and only queen to break a main stage light bulb while doing so.
- She is the first queen from Seattle to participate in the Snatch Game and not win.
- Robbie won her first and only challenge on her birthday.
- Robbie, Derrick Barry and Naomi Smalls are the only three contestants in Season 8 of RuPaul's Drag Race to place in the bottom two, survive the lip sync, and then win the main challenge in the following episode.
- "I'm gonna tell you a story about flats. No."
- "Too real."
- "Good morning."
- "Am I the first girl that has ever broken a light on the runway? I'm gonna say yes."
- "I have a [Debbie Harry] poster that was above my bed and my parents really thought that I was straight for a minute."
4th: Chi Chi DeVayne • 5th: Derrick Barry • 6th: Thorgy Thor • 7th: Robbie Turner • 8th: Acid Betty • 9th: Naysha Lopez • 10th: Cynthia Lee Fontaine (Miss Congeniality) • 11th & 12th: Dax ExclamationPoint & Laila McQueen
Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenburg