|RuPaul's Drag Race|
This article contains spoilers and/or upcoming content, and therefore may be incorrect and will change from time to time. Continue reading at your own discretion.
The sixth season of RuPaul's Drag Race began airing February 24, 2014. Like Season 5, this season featured 14 contestants competing for the title of "America's Next Drag Superstar". For the first time in the show's history, the season premiere was split into two episodes; the fourteen queens were split into two groups and competed against each other before being reunited as one group for the third episode.
Santino Rice and Michelle Visage came back as judges at the panel. Two new pit crew members, Miles Moody and Simon Sherry-Wood, also were introduced as joining the current pit crew members, Jason Carter and Shawn Morales. The winner of this season was Bianca Del Rio, who walked away with a prize package that included a supply from Colorevolution Cosmetics and a cash prize of $100,000. The theme song played during the runway segment of every episode is "Sissy That Walk" from RuPaul's album Born Naked.
(Ages and names stated are during time of contest)
|Rank||Photo||Contestant||Name||Age||Hometown|| Ep. 1|
| Ep. 2|
| Ep. 5 (Snatch|
| Ep. 13|
|Bianca Del Rio|
|Roy Haylock||38||New York, NY||WIN||SAFE|
|2nd & 3rd|
|Danny Noriega||24||Azusa, CA||LOW||LOW||HIGH||HIGH||WIN||2X WIN||SAFE||BTM2||BTM2||WIN||TOP|
|Shane Jenek||33||West Hollywood, CA||SAFE||SAFE|
(Fan Vote Winner)
|Greg Meyer||41||Rochester, NY||BTM2||WIN||LOW||SAFE||LOW||BTM2|
|Benjamin Putnam||31||Seattle, WA||WIN||HIGH||HIGH||WIN||SAFE||BTM2|
|Patrick Joslyn||26||Worcester, MA,||LOW||SAFE|
|7th||Trinity K. Bonet|
|Joshua Jones||22||Atlanta, GA||HIGH||SAFE|
|Jay Jackson||24||Van Nuys, CA||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||BTM2||SAFE||2X WIN||ELIM||RTRN|
|Dan Donigan||25||New York, NY||HIGH||SAFE|
|Jason Carrión||23||Guaynabo, PR||HIGH||BTM2||ELIM||RTRN|
|Osmond||40||New York, NY||BTM2||ELIM||RTRN|
|13th & 14th||Magnolia Crawford|
|Reynolds Engelhart||28||Los Angeles, CA||ELIM||RTRN|
|Kelly Mantle||37||Los Angeles, CA||ELIM||RTRN|
- █ The contestant won RuPaul's Drag Race.
- █ The contestant was a runner-up.
- █ The contestant competed in a four person final lip-sync against all remaining contestants and placed as a top three finalist.
- █ The contestant was one of two winners of the main challenge.
- █ The contestant won the main challenge.
- █ The contestant was one of the best but did not win the main challenge.
- █ The contestant was a member of a winning team, & was safe from elimination, but did not win the main challenge.
- █ The contestant was one of the worst but did not place in the bottom two.
- █ The contestant placed in the bottom two, but neither were eliminated.
- █ The contestant placed in the bottom two, but was not eliminated.
- █ The contestant placed in the bottom two & was eliminated.
- █ The contestant competed in a four-person final lip-sync against all remaining contestants and was eliminated.
- █ The contestant was voted Ms. Congeniality by viewers.
- █ The contestant was part of Group 1, who first appeared on Episode 1.
- █ The contestant was part of Group 2, who first appeared on Episode 2.
- █ After being eliminated, the contestant returned and appeared on Episode 14 (The Reunion), but was out of the running.
- █ The contestant did not participate in this episode.
- The Premiere of Season 6 was split into two parts, with half of the contestants completing in the first Episode, and the second half competing in Episode 2, before being united in Episode 3.
- Episode 7 featured no elimination after the lipsync.
- BenDeLaCreme is the fourth contestant in series history to win the first main challenge of the season and not place as a top 3 finalist. The first three are Morgan McMichaels from Season 2 and Team Latrila from All Stars.
- In Episode 12, Darienne Lake was eliminated after a non-bottom two lip-sync against all four remaining contestants.
- Season 6 is the first season in series history where two contestants have placed as a top three finalist without ever placing in the bottom two on any episode and having to lip-sync. This feat was accomplished by both Bianca Del Rio and Courtney Act.
- Bianca Del Rio is the first contestant in series history to place in as a top three finalist without ever placing in the bottom two or placing low in any episode.
- Second Season to have a contestant lip-sync 4 times: Darienne Lake. The first being Coco Montrese in Season 5.
|Series #||Episode #||Title #||Airdate|
|72||1||RuPauls Big Opening||February 24, 2014|
|73||2||RuPauls Big Opening Part 2||March 3, 2014|
|74||3||Scream Queens||March 10, 2014|
|75||4||Shade: The Rusical||March 17, 2014|
|76||5||Snatch Game||March 24, 2014|
|77||6||Oh No She Betta Don't||March 31, 2014|
|78||7||Glamazon by Colorevolution||April 7, 2014|
|79||8||Drag Queens of Comedy||April 7, 2014|
|80||9||Drag Queens of Talk||April 14, 2014|
|81||10||Drag My Wedding||April 21, 2014|
|82||11||Glitter Ball||April 28, 2014|
|83||12||Sissy That Walk!||May 5, 2014|
|84||13||Countdown To The Crown||May 12, 2014|
|85||14||The Finale||May 19, 2014|
Episode 1, "RuPaul's Big Opening" Part 1
Airdate: February 24, 2014
At the beginning of the episode, seven contestants are introduced: Adore Delano, April Carrión, BenDeLaCreme, Gia Gunn, Kelly Mantle, Laganja Estranja and Vivacious. RuPaul then announces to the queens that the season premiere will be split into two episodes; those first seven queens will compete against each other in the first part, and the remaining seven will compete against each other in the second part. The mini-challenge for this week was a photoshoot that consisted of jumping off a small platform into a foam-filled container and taking a picture mid-air. Laganja Estranja was declared the winner. This week's main challenge was to design a high-fashion outfit using materials inspired by a TV show. As the winner of the mini-challenge, Laganja Estranja could assign the TV show:
|Adore Delano||Here Comes Honey Boo Boo|
|April Carrión||Duck Dynasty|
|BenDeLaCreme||The Golden Girls|
|Gia Gunn||Keeping Up with the Kardashians|
|Kelly Mantle||Downton Abbey|
|Laganja Estranja||Dancing with the Stars|
|Vivacious||Game of Thrones|
- Guest Judges: Adam Lambert & Mike Ruiz
- Mini-Challenge: Jumping off a platform photoshoot
- Mini-Challenge Winner: Laganja Estranja
- Mini-Challenge Winner Advantage: Decide which queen will get which themed box
- Main Challenge: Designing an outfit inspired by a TV show
- Challenge Winner: BenDeLaCreme
- Main Challenge Prize: Custom jewel package by Fierce Drag Jewels
- Bottom Two: Kelly Mantle & Vivacious
- Lip Synch Song: "Express Yourself" by Madonna
- Eliminated: Kelly Mantle
- Farewell message: "Love u girlz! Rock N Roll Kelly Mantle P.S. Don't Wear Bacon!"
Untucked, Ep. 1
The queen's visit the "Untucked" louge for the very first time (No longer called the "Interior Illusions Lounge").
Episode 2, "RuPaul's Big Opening" Part 2
Airdate: March 3, 2014
At the beginning of the episode, seven contestants are introduced: Bianca Del Rio, Courtney Act, Darienne Lake, Joslyn Fox, Magnolia Crawford, Milk, and Trinity K. Bonet. RuPaul then announces that the first half of the queens have already competed against each other, and one has already gone home. The mini-challenge for this week was a photoshoot that consisted of a boudoir pillow fight with each queen and the Pit Crew. Trinity K. Bonet was declared the winner. This week's main challenge was to design a high-fashion couture outfit using materials inspired by party supplies. As the winner of the mini-challenge, Trinity K. Bonet assigned each girl one of the party supply boxes:
|Bianca Del Rio||Luau Party|
|Courtney Act||Republican Party|
|Darienne Lake||St. Patrick's Day Party|
|Trinity K. Bonet||Princess Party|
During the runway critique, Bianca Del Rio and Milk are praised for their outfits. Milk took a risk by wearing a goatee but was commended for her boldness. Trinity K. Bonet was praised for her outfit after removing a cardboard shoulder piece referred to as a pizza-box by the judges, and Courtney Act was critiqued for a simple outfit. Joslyn Fox is encouraged to edit her styling choices. During her critique, Magnolia Crawford is defensive to all of the judges and complains about the supplies she was assigned to create her look. Darienne Lake joins Magnolia Crawford in the bottom two. Bianca Del Rio was declared winner of the main challenge. After the lipsync, Darienne Lake stayed, and Magnolia Crawford was asked to sashay away.
- Guest Judge: Khloe Kardashian
- Mini-Challenge: Boudoir pillow fight with the Pit Crew
- Mini-Challenge Winner: Trinity K. Bonet
- Mini-Challenge Winner Advantage: Decied which queen will get which themed box
- Main Challenge: Designing an outfit inspired by party supplies
- Challenge Winner: Bianca Del Rio
- Main Challenge Prize: $2,500 Shopping Spree from Fabric Planet
- Bottom Two: Darienne Lake & Magnolia Crawford
- Lip Synch Song: "Turn the Beat Around" by Vicki Sue Robinson
- Eliminated: Magnolia Crawford
- Farewell message: "ZOMG! Love you girlie girls! xoxo - Magnolia"
Untucked, Ep. 2
Magnolia explains to the other queens about wanting her "pencil thin" nose contour to look as thin as possible. Bianca criticizes Magnolia for not explaining this to the judges. Magnolia also explains that she did not come on the show to win, but only to boost her ego and get people to come to her shows.
Episode 3, "Scream Queens"
Airdate: March 10, 2014
At the beginning of this episode, the queens from last week are introduced to the contestants from week one, before all 12 queens participate in this week's mini-challenge; to pair up with a queen not in their original group and perform a beach-themed lip-sync in pairs, with one queen as the top half and the other as the bottom. Adore and Milk win the challenge and are made team captains for this week's main challenge - to star in two scenes influenced by horror movies; one from the 60's and one from the 80's. Both Adore and Milk pick the queens from their original groups and whilst Team Milk is given the 60s movie, Team Adore is given the 80's. During the main challenge, although Trinity has some shaky moments, all of Team Milk perform well. On the other hand, Team Adore has several problems, with April coming off as "boy" as opposed to butch, Adore and Vivacious stumbling over their lines and DeLa accidentally talking over some of the other queens during their lines.
in "Drag Race Me to Hell"
in "Drag Race Me to Hell 5"
|Bianca Del Rio||Mrs. Bates||April Carrión||Butch Real Estate Agent|
|Courtney Act||Mrs. Hitchcock||Laganja Estranja||Yoga Instructor|
|Joslyn Fox||Betty||Gia Gunn||Becky|
|Trinity K. Bonet||Slutty Sally||Adore Delano||Heather|
|Milk||Crazy Mother||BenDeLaCreme||Crazy Mother|
|Darienne Lake||Scary Head in a Box||Vivacious||Scary Head in a Box|
* Guest Judges: Lena Headey & Linda Blair
- Mini-Challenge: Create a beach themed lip sync in pairs
- Mini-Challenge Winners: Milk And Adore Delano
- Mini-Challenge Winner Advantage: Become team leaders and pick team members
- Main Challenge: Star in horror film trailers for "Drag Race Me to Hell"
- Challenge Winner: Darienne Lake
- Main Challenge Prize: 5-night stay at Island House Key West Resort
- Bottom Two: April Carrión & Vivacious
- Lip Synch Song: "Shake It Up" by Selena Gomez
- Eliminated: Vivacious
- Farewell message: "Girls you will be missed. Take the world by storm, educate the masses. Get it, rearrange it, internalize it. Turn it. - Vivacious"
Untucked',' Ep. 3
After being asked "who should go home" on the main stage, they queens talked to Vivacious about why they all chose her.
Episode 4, "Shade: The Rusical"
Airdate: March 17, 2014
In this week's episode, the Queens are challenged to sing, dance and act in a performance of Shade - the Rusical. For the mini-challenge, the Queens are shown pictures of various body parts and asked if they are from a "biological" or "psychological" woman (a drag queen). Adore and DeLa win the challenge and are made team captains for the main challenge. During rehearsal, several of the queens encounter problems, notably Trinity, who panics over her performance and becomes annoyed with both the choreographer and Bianca. Several of the other queens also have problems with their singing.
|Team Adore Delano|
|BenDeLaCreme||Shady Lady||Adore Delano||Bad Penny|
|Bianca Del Rio||Pageant Queen||April Carrión||Bertha|
|Courtney Act||Good Penny||Joslyn Fox||Amanda|
|Darienne Lake||Comedy Queen||Laganja Estranja||Showgirl|
|Gia Gunn||Comedy Queen||Milk||Les Mizabella|
|Trinity K. Bonet||Pageant Queen|
On the main stage, the queens perform Shade - the Rusical and then come decked out in their best Tony Awards glamour. This week, although the queens performed in teams, they are critiqued as individuals. Adore receives praise for her performance although her dress is criticized by Santino and Michelle comments on her body shape. Courtney Act is also praised for her performance and star quality, along with DeLa. On the other hand, Trinity is criticised for not enunciating properly and getting her lines lost, Darienne is accused of fading into the background and April is told that she did not embody her "big girl" role, which was meant to be a showgirl and not just about padding. Courtney Act wins the challenge and Trinity and April lip-sync. Ru compliments both queens on their strong performance before saving Trinity and asking April to sashay away.
- Guest Judge: Lucian Piane & Sheryl Lee Ralph
- Mini-Challenge: Female or She-male?
- Mini-Challenge Winner: Adore Delano and BenDeLaCreme
- Mini-Challenge Winner Advantage: Become team leaders and pick team members
- Main Challenge: Performing live in the original production of Shade: The Rusical!
- Challenge Winner: Courtney Act
- Main Challenge Prize: 2 VIP packages to the Broadway musical Kinky Boots
- Bottom Two: April Carrión & Trinity K. Bonet
- Lip Synch Song: "I'm Every Woman" by Chaka Khan
- Eliminated: April Carrión
- Farewell message: "Love you girls, Echa' pa' lante, See you soon ♡ April"
Untucked, Ep. 4
In the Silver lounge, Gia criticizes Milk for dressing up as a pregnant woman for her "Tony Awards" runway look, questioning if she would really wear that outfit for the Tonys. Milk explains that she really would wear it to the Tonys because she would want to be "That crazy bitch". Joslyn defends Milk's look, and Gia is offended when she is called "Ignorant" by Joslyn.
In the Gold Lounge, Laganja receives a video message from her parents, and becomes very emotional. Bianca explains that she thinks it's sweet that her parents sent her a message, but she doesn't agree with them that they think Laganja will become the winner. The queens joke and have a laugh. Laganja becomes frustrated and throws a tantrum because she feels the other queens (especially Bianca) are stealing her moment after seeing her parents tell her words she had been waiting "24 years" to hear. Bianca apologizes to Laganja.
Episode 5, "Snatch Game"
Airdate: March 24, 2014
The queens compete in a star-studded TV game show that showcases their celebrity impersonations. With guest judges comedienne Heather McDonald and actress Gillian Jacobs.
|Adore Delano||Anna Nicole Smith|
|Bianca Del Rio||Judge Judy|
|Courtney Act||Fran Drescher|
|Darienne Lake||Paula Deen|
|Gia Gunn||Kim Kardashian|
|Joslyn Fox||Teresa Giudice|
|Laganja Estranja||Rachel Zoe|
|Trinity K. Bonet||Nicki Minaj|
This week saw the return of the fan-favorite "Snatch Game" challenge, and on the runway, the queens wore their best 'RuPaul' inspired looks. In the workroom, BenDelaCreme's choice to portray actress Maggie Smith is met with skepticism from RuPaul, while Ru is unimpressed by Gia's initial choice to portray singer Selena. Realizing the choice could land her in the bottom, Gia made a last-minute change to portray Kim Kardashian instead. On the main stage, Courtney, Darienne, Joslyn and Trinity were all declared safe. Within the top three, Adore was praised for being spot-on and hilarious as well as her body shape, and Bianca was praised for her impersonation. However, both queens were criticised for their looks, which were not so close to the "RuPaul" theme. DeLa's portrayal of Maggie Smith along with his RuPaul dress was deemed the best and she was declared the winner. Gia, Laganja and Milk were all criticized for their impersonations. Gia was read for not being funny. Milk was accused of falling flat in the Snatch Game, and her decision to portray "Male RuPaul" on the runway received very mixed feedback. However, Milk was declared safe, leaving Laganja and Gia in the bottom two. During the lip synch, although both queens put in a strong performance, Laganja's unique style kept her in the competition, and Gia sashayed away.
- Guest Judge: Gillian Jacobs & Heather McDonald
- Mini-Challenge: None
- Main Challenge: Snatch Game
- Challenge Winner: BenDeLaCreme
- Main Challenge Prize: 2 Couture outfits from Syren Latex
- Bottom Two: Gia Gunn & Laganja Estranja
- Lip Synch Song: "Head to Toe" by Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam
- Eliminated: Gia Gunn
- Farewell message: "Bring out the big Gunns dudes. xoxo Gia Gunn"
Untucked, Ep. 5
Trinity reveals that she is HIV positive to the other contestants which is received with much commendation. Laganja has an emotional breakdown outside of the Gold Lounge while Gia consoles her.
Episode 6, "Oh No She Betta Don't!"
Airdate: March 31, 2014
This week, the Queens were challenged to channel their inner 90s rap goddess in a performance of "Oh No She Betta Don't". The mini-challenge saw the queens "read" (or insult) their fellow competitors. Ru names Darienne the winner.
|The Panty Hos|
Team Captain: Darienne Lake
|Bianca Del Rio|
No Team Captain
|Trinity K. Bonet|
The queens then are challenged to dress in their best 90s rapper realness and write their own verse to perform in the "Oh No She Betta Don't" music video, watched over by rappers Trina and Eve. Several of the queens struggle during the shoot and stumble over their raps, and although many end up giving a good performance, Trinity and Darienne notably struggle the most. For this weeks runway, the Queens walk in their best "CrazySexyCool" outfits showing off their favorite body part. Courtney, Laganja and DeLa are all called safe, although Ru warns Courtney that she is resting on being pretty and needs to step it up. During the judges critiques, Joslyn is praised for stepping it up and giving an impressive rap but her look is criticized for being too busy. Adore's performance is also praised but Michelle comments again on the length of her skirt. Bianca is complimented on both her pretty look and rap performance. On the other hand, Trinity is criticized for letting the challenge get the best of her along with Darienne, whose look is also criticized for being too simple. Although Milk is complimented on her unique style and energy, both her runway look and look for the challenge are criticized for being unpolished and inaccurate. Adore wins the challenge and Trinty is left to lip-sync with Milk. Although Milk brings some unique features to her performance, Ru saves Trinity again and asks Milk to sashay away.
- Guest Judge: Eve and Trina
- Mini-Challenge: "Reading is Fundamental"
- Mini-Challenge Winner: Darienne Lake
- Mini-Challenge Winner Advantage: Become team leader and pick team members
- Main Challenge: Rapping in teams to "Oh No She Better Don't" by DJ ShyBoy
- Challenge Winner: Adore Delano
- Main Challenge Prize: Collection of custom-made Jewlery
- Bottom Two: Milk & Trinity K. Bonet
- Lip Synch Song: "Whatta Man" by Salt-N-Pepa with En Vogue
- Eliminated: Milk
- Farewell Message: "It's Milkin' time! ♡ you girls! Big + scary forever (drawing of cow udders)"
Untucked, Ep. 6
Courtney is offended by RuPaul's comment about her "resting on pretty". She explains that she doesn't believe it is fair for her to be criticized for "resting on pretty" when other queens (such as Milk) are resting on ugly. Courtney, DeLa, and Laganja play a game of "Guess the Queen" in the gold lounge. Courtney pulls out a card with Bianca's picture on it. DeLa askes if she's pretty. Courtneys says "No" but explains "She's pretty but she's not PRETTY".
Episode 7, "Glamazon by Colorevolution"
Airdate: April 7, 2014
For this week's mini challenge, the girls were tasked with bedazzling their hands and modelling fruits and vegetables, with Laganja being named the winner. Ru then placed the girls into groups for this weeks main challenge: to come up with commercials for Ru's new cosmetic line, "Glamazon", which targeted specific demographics.
|Adore Delano &|
|Cougars / Mature Ladies|
|Bianca Del Rio &|
Trinity K. Bonet
|Glamorous / Working Girls|
|Courtney Act &|
For their main stage presentation, the queens were asked to dress in their best black and white outfits. During the judges critiques, Adore and Laganja were praised for their funny commercial but Laganja's outfit was criticised. Trinity and Bianca's commercial also was well received and their synergy as team members was also praised. On the other hand, DeLa and Darienne's concept was seen as confusing and distracting from the product, whereas Courtney and Joslyn were criticised for not identifying the product quickly enough. Joslyn's look was also criticised for being too similar to her outfit last week which was not well received and DeLa was accused of hiding behind a "showgirl" character. Adore and Laganja won the challenge and Darienne and DeLa were asked to lip-sync. After a strong performance, Ru initially saves Darienne, before shocking everyone and also saving DeLa, declaring that she wanted to give DeLa the opportunity to show more.
- Guest Judges: Leah Remini & Lainie Kazan
- Mini-Challenge: Designing nails and hand modeling fruits and vegetables
- Mini-Challenge Winner: Laganja Estranja
- Mini-Challenge Winner Advantage: Extra time to shoot infomercial
- Main Challenge: Record an infomercial for Rupaul's Glamazon cosmetics
- Challenge Winners: Adore Delano & Laganja Estranja
- Main Challenge Prize: Skin Care Products
- Bottom Two: BenDeLaCreme & Darienne Lake
- Lip Synch Song: "Point of No Return" by Expose
- Eliminated: Non-elimination
- Farewell message: N/A
Untucked, Ep. 7
BenDeLaCreme cries and feels hurt about Michelle's comment in which she explains that she doesn't feel like she knows who Ben really is, and that she feels that Ben is always hiding behind a costume. Ben is also nervous about the possibility of having to Lipsync. Laganja sympathizes and relates with Ben explaining that doing drag is putting your "real self out there". In the Goldbar, the queens receive a video message from Season 5 contestant Alyssa Edwards (who is Laganja's drag Mother), giving the girls advice. Laganja is engaged with the video while the other girls seem to feel annoyed by it. Langanja explains about meeting Alyssa who initially didn't feel that drag was the right direction for Langanja, but that drag was something she could not avoid.
Episode 8, "Queens of Comedy"
Airdate: April 7, 2014
The mini-challenge this week involved the queens decorating their chins to perform a lip-sync number upside down. Joslyn wins the challenge and is given the task of deciding the order that the queens will perform in this week's main challenge; to write and perform a stand-up comedy routine in front of a live audience of mostly senior citizens.
|6th||Trinity K. Bonet|
|Last||Bianca Del Rio|
Darienne Lake goes first and impresses the judges with her funny routine. She is followed by Courtney Act, whose routine is described as average but she is complimented for playing to her strengths and including a song. Adore Delano goes next and is critiqued for her routine having too much swearing in it as well as being accused of letting her personality carry her through another challenge, which causes her to break down and express her desire to be in the competition and show the judges what she is made of. The next queen to perform is BenDeLaCreme, whose jokes are described as intelligent but is criticised for her speedy delivery, her "showgirl" runway look and reliance on a character. Laganja Estranja receives very negative critiques, with her routine being described as dull and hidden behind an emotionless façade. Ru also takes her to task for not believing in her own star power and letting helpful critique get the best of her when she becomes defensive. Ru gets emotional when praising Trinity for finally standing up to her insecurities and delivering a strong, funny performance without letting self-doubt get the best of her. Joslyn performs next and is criticised for her routine starting strong but dramatically fading as well as for putting herself before Bianca, a comedian. Bianca is last on stage and receives glowing critiques, with all the judges agreeing that she excelled all aspects of the challenge. This leads Bianca be named the winner whilst Joslyn and Laganja are asked to lip-sync. After a high-energy performance, Ru saves Joslyn whilst reminding Laganja to own her stardom before asking her to sashay away.
- Guest Judges:Bruce Vilanch and Jaime Pressly
- Mini-Challenge: Lip-synching to a RuPaul song upside down
- Mini-Challenge Winner: Joslyn Fox
- Mini-Challenge Winner Advantage: Decide in which order the queens will perform
- Main Challenge: Performing a stand-up comedy act in front of a live audience
- Challenge Winner: Bianca Del Rio
- Main Challenge Prize: A one-of-a-kind gown designed by Marco Marco
- Bottom Two: Laganja Estranja and Joslyn Fox
- Lip Synch Song: "Stupid Girls" by P!nk
- Eliminated: Laganja Estranja
- Farewell message: "xoxo, Ganja!"
Untucked, Ep. 8
Joslyn Receives an emotional video message from her fiance in with she reveals that her Nephew had died before she came on the show and that she felt guilty about competing in the competition. The girls criticize Langanja for constantly speaking in a character voice and not acting like her true self, and she has yet another emotional breakdown where exclaims that she wants to be sent home.
Episode 9, "Queens of Talk"
Airdate: April 14, 2014
This week's challenge involved the queens channelling their inner talk show host by guest-hosting The RuPaul Show and interviewing Chaz Bono and Georgia Holt. During the main challenge, Adore's nerves got the better of her and she stumbled over her questions several times. Bianca gave a good interview but focussed solely on Chaz and ran out of time before she could ask Georgia any questions. Trinity interviewed next and also struggled, forgetting Chaz Bono's name and asking irrelevant questions. On the other hand, after asking Ru for advice earlier in the workroom, Courtney focussed on being friendly and approachable which led her to give a charming and well done interview. Darienne also struggled with nerves but her fun personality carried her through. Like Courtney, DeLa performed well in the interview, notably by combining both parts of her character and her own personality and doing her research. Joslyn was the last to interview and started strong before making Georgia uncomfortable by asking very personal questions. For their main stage presentation, the queens were asked to channel their inner "animal". During the judges critiques, both Adore's outfit and her interview were criticised. Trinity also was called out for being nervous and calling Chaz the wrong name, when she was calling him Chad, but her outfit received acclaim. Joslyn became emotional when being confronted about her inappropriate questions and her heartfelt apology was appreciated by Georgia, who praised her performance before then. However, the judges criticised her outfit choice again. Both Darienne and Bianca received mixed feedback, with Bianca noting her problems with time-keeping and Darienne being surprised when called out for her nerves during the challenge. On the other hand, whilst DeLa was praised for stepping away from her character, becoming more endearing and doing her research, Ru declared Courtney the winner of the challenge for her strong performance. Adore and Trinity were named as the bottom two and performed a high-energy lip-sync to "Vibeology" by Paula Abdul. Although both queens performed well, Ru saved Adore whilst asking Trinity to sashay away, but not before praising her for her progress during the competition.
- Guest Judges: Chaz Bono, Georgia Holt & Paula Abdul
- Mini-Challenge: "Hung Men" hangman challenge
- Mini-Challenge Winner: BenDeLaCreme
- Mini-Challenge Prize: Year supply of eyelashes.
- Main Challenge: Guest hosting The RuPaul Show' and interviewing celebrity guests
- Challenge Winner: Courtney Act
- Main Challenge Prize: Wig wardrobe from Outfiters Wig and a one-year haircare supply from Aquage
- Bottom Two: Adore Delano & Trinity K. Bonet
- Lip Synch Song: "Vibeology" by Paula Abdul
- Eliminated: Trinity K. Bonet
- Farewell message: "Be Nice, Be Cool, Be You XOXO TKB"
Untucked, Ep. 9
In the Gold Louge, the Queens played a "shady" game of "guess who said the comment". Joslyn is hurt for offending Georgia Holt during the Talk show challenge. Adore was told by Santino that her outfit looks like it was bought at "Hot Topic" and she knows she will be in the bottom two. Darienne is called out for being more "shady" then usual with her comments.
Episode 10, "Drag My Wedding"
Airdate: April 21, 2014
For this week's mini-challenge, the queens were challenged to use their bodies to create abstract paintings representing marriage equality. Bianca wins and is given the task of assigning each queen a bride-to-be for this week's makeover challenge. However, in a twist, it is revealed that the queens will be making over the grooms into blushing brides, not the brides themselves. In the workroom, Adore panics about not being able to sew and Joslyn struggles with her brides aversion to doing drag because of his profession. Darienne also encounters problems when her couple decide they want a gothic-themed wedding and she cannot find any appropriate material.
|Joslyn Fox||Bradonna Fox|
|Courtney Act||Rien Act|
|Bianca Del Rio||Fifi Del Rio|
|Darienne Lake||Ann Drogyny|
|BenDeLaCreme||Suzette à la Mode|
On the main stage, the queens walk the runway dressed as their brides' mothers. During the critiques, Joslyn is criticized for the proportions of her bride's dress as well as his metallic-looking makeup. Both Adore's personal look and her bride are also heavily criticized. Courtney is accused of upstaging her bride with her personal look while Darienne's goth-themed bride did not land with all the judges who also criticize her personal look. On the other hand, both Bianca and DeLa receive positive critiques for their makeovers. In the end, Ru names Bianca the winner of the challenge and asks Joslyn and Adore to lip-sync. Adore gives an impassioned performance and she is saved again while Joslyn sashays away.
- Guest Judges: Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka
- Mini-Challenge: Do abstract paintings using their bodies in honor of marriage equality
- Mini-Challenge Winner: Bianca Del Rio
- Mini-Challenge Winner Advantage: Pair each bride with each queen.
- Main Challenge: Transform grooms into brides for a wedding
- Challenge Winner: Bianca Del Rio
- Main Challenge Prize: Trip for two to Hawaii (Won by Bianca & her couple)
- Bottom Two: Joslyn Fox & Adore Delano
- Lip-Sync Song: "Think" by Aretha Franklin
- Eliminated: Joslyn Fox
- Farewell message: "Keep It Foxy What What JF"
Untucked Ep. 10
Adore gets a video message from her mother in which she becomes emotional. Josyln's bride feels for the queens during their critique and is sorry that he couldn't have done more to help Joslyn.
Episode 11, "Glitter Ball"
Airdate: April 28, 2014
For this week's mini challenge, the queens make puppets of each other and parody their behavior. DeLa is named the winner and gets to assign each queen a jewel tone color for this week's main challenge, a pageant of jewelry inspired couture where the queens must pull out three looks:
- Banjee Girl Bling
- Platinum Card Executive Realness
- Dripping in Jewels Eleganza (themed around their assigned jewel tone.)
Their last look must utilize Gem Stones from "Fierce Drag Jewels"
Bianca Del Rio
During the workroom visit, Ru questions Darienne on how she's going to step it up and voices his concerns to DeLa about the fact that she hasn't won a challenge since the Snatch Game. Adore becomes emotional when questioned by Ru, voicing her frustrations with her lack of sewing ability along with her determination to surprise the judges and make the top three. RuPaul then adds a twist to the challenge; the queens must also perform a lip-sync opening number with DeLa (the mini-challenge winner) as the choreographer. On the main stage, the queens walk the runway in their three outfits. During the judges critiques, Adore is the only queen to receive universally positive reviews, with the judges praising her performances during her runway presentations. DeLa's executive look is criticized for not fitting the challenge specification whilst her eleganza look is accused of being too similar to her past looks. Bianca is also criticized for her eleganza look being too similar to previous looks as well as for not surprising the judges, although Bob Mackie praises her polish. Courtney Act is, once again, accused of resting on pretty and needing more shape to her body and Darienne is criticized for her looks not fitting the brief and the fit of her eleganza gown. After the critiques, Ru asks each queens who should be eliminated. All the queens name Darienne, including herself whilst getting emotional and accepting that she missed the mark on this week's challenge. Courtney names both Adore for falling down in recent challenges as well as Darienne. After the judges deliberation, Ru names Adore the winner and asks DeLa and Darienne to lip-sync. Darienne's emotional connection to the song causes Ru to save her for the Second time and DeLa sashays away.
- Guest Judges: Bob Mackie & Khloe Kardashian
- Mini-Challenge: Make a caricature of their own peers with a puppet
- Mini-Challenge Winner: BenDeLaCreme
- Mini-Challenge Winner Advantage: Assign jewel tones to each queen, and choreograph an opening musical number.
- Main Challenge: Design three outfits for the Glitter Ball: Banjee Girl Bling, Platinum Card Executive Realness, and Dripping in Jewels Eleganza
- Challenge Winner: Adore Delano
- Main Challenge Prize: A costume from Kicka Custom Design
- Bottom Two: BenDeLaCreme & Darienne Lake
- Lip-Sync Song: "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" by Kelly Clarkson
- Eliminated: BenDeLaCreme
- Farewell message: "Dear top 4- howz it going? I'm doing pretty good. Sometimes you have to have Mama Ru yell atcha a bunch of times before it sinks in. I guess I never reached that number of times, Darian. I knew the second I was up against you i waz out the door. You get it lady. I wish you all the luck in the world and only harbor enough resentment to write a long pointless message that you will have to clean and clean and clean and clean. But fo real tho you girlz are my heroes. XX BDLC"
Episode 12, "Sissy That Walk!"
Airdate: May 5, 2014
For this week's main challenge, Michelle Visage comes in the work room announcing to the remaining contestants that the final challenge will be in two parts. First, they will star in RuPaul's music video Sissy That Walk, and then act in two acting scenes. Choreographer Jamal Sims makes a guest appearance for this week's episode, teaching the contestants the choreography for the music video. As in each Drag Race series finale, RuPaul also sat down with each queens for a kiki about the competition. Mathu Anderson also makes a guest appearance for this week's episode, directing the contestants in the acting scenes. On the runway presentation and during the critiques, each queens receive mostly good feedback for their presentation on the runway and during the music video as well as in the acting scenes. As a result, for the first time in Drag Race history, RuPaul asks the remaining four contestants to lip-synch on Sissy That Walk at the same time. At the end of the lip-synch, RuPaul asks Darienne Lake to sashay away. The final three is announced, consisting of Adore Delano, Bianca Del Rio and Courtney Act. Similar to what happened for the previous two seasons, RuPaul asks the public to decide who "America's Next Drag Superstar" should be, and that the winner will be announced during the reunion episode. Bianca Del Rio marks the first contestant in Drag Race history to reach the finale without being one of the worst or being in the bottom two throughout the competition.
- Guest Judges: Ian Drew & Our Lady J
- Main Challenge: Star in a music video for RuPaul's song "Sissy That Walk" and act in two scenes.
- Main Challenge Winner: None
- Bottom Two: N/A (All 4 remaining contestants lip-synced)
- Lip-Sync Song: "Sissy That Walk" by RuPaul
- Eliminated: Darienne Lake
- Farewell message: None
Episode 13, "Countdown To The Crown"
Airdate: May 12, 2014
This week's episode takes a look back on the highlights, low-lights, and previously unseen footage from the season using various countdowns. With guest appearances of past seasons: Alaska, Jinkx Monsoon, Jujubee, Latrice Royale, Manila Luzon, Raja, Raven, Shangela, Sharon Needles and Tammie Brown.
Episode 14, "Reunited!"
Airdate: May 19, 2014
All the queens of Season 6 reunite. Wigs fly as the queens discuss the drama of the season. BenDeLaCreme and Darienne Lake discuss their rivalry and DeLa presents Darienne with a peace offering: a set of Russian stacking dolls all with DeLa's face glued onto them. Darienne gets a surprise video message from her parents. Joslyn Fox gets married on stage to her fiance, with RuPaul serving as an ordained minister. BenDeLaCreme wins the title of Miss Congeniality, and Bianca Del Rio is crowned "America's Next Drag Superstar".
(The episode was filmed on May 19, 2014 at the theater at the Act Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles. Four outcomes where filmed including one with both Adore Delano and Bianca Del Rio tying for the title. The official and final outcome was revealed when the episode aired)
- Miss Congeniality: BenDeLaCreme
- Runners Up: Adore Delano & Courtney Act
- Winner of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6: Bianca Del Rio
Reception, Controversy, & Criticism
Season 6 has been received with mixed to negative reviews from viewers through social media outlets, with some fans considering it to be the "worst season ever" and some considering it to be "boring" or "predictable". Others have criticized the elimination and winner choices made on the show, calling them "questionable" and accusing RuPaul of showing favoritism to certain contestants such as Adore Delano and Darienne Lake, as well as making vague or hypocritical critiques to certain contestants yet not others.
The use of the term "Shemale" in the "Female or She-male?" mini-challenge of Episode 4, "Shade: The Rusical" led to complaints over transphobic slang. Logo decided to remove the episode from all platforms and no longer use the "You've got She-Mail" phrase as the mini-challenge introduction.
After the elimination of projected front-runner BenDeLaCreme in Episode 11, "Glitter Ball", after a bottom two lip-sync against fellow contestant Darienne Lake, a firestorm sparked on social media outlets over what many viewers considered to be a "shocking" and "unfair elimination", accusing RuPaul of making the "wrong choice" and putting "drama" and "good TV" ahead of the competition. Some viewers went as far as boycotting the show and creating an online petition to asking RuPaul to bring BenDeLaCreme back into the competition immediately.
4th: Darienne Lake, 5th: BenDeLaCreme (Ms. Congeniality), 6th Joslyn Fox, 7th: Trinity K. Bonet, 8th: Laganja Estranja, 9th: Milk, 10th: Gia Gunn, 11th: April Carrión, 12th: Vivacious, 13th & 14th: Magnolia Crawford & Kelly Mantle
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales • Miles Davis Moody • Simon Sherry-Wood