|RuPaul's Drag Race|
This article contains spoilers and/or upcoming content, and therefore may be incorrect and will change from time to time. Continue reading at your own discretion.
The second season of RuPaul's Drag Race premiered on February 1, 2010 and aired its final episode on April 26, 2010. On May 1, 2009, the casting website for series opened, allowing prospective contestants to create user profiles and upload videos of themselves to be voted on by viewers; the applicant collecting the most votes being invited to become a contestant of the second season. At the end of the online casting period, Jessica Wild had collected the most votes and was announced as being a season two contestant.
For season two, the number of contestants was increased from nine to twelve, and the prizes were slightly modified: a lifetime supply of NYX Cosmetics and be the face of nyxcosmetics.com, an exclusive one year public relations contract with Logo Drag Race tour, and a cash prize of $25,000. A new tradition of writing a farewell message in lipstick on their workstation mirror was started by the first eliminated queen of the season. Beginning with this season, each week's episode is followed by a behind-the-scenes show, RuPaul's Drag Race Untucked.
(Ages and names stated are during time of contest)
|Rank||Photo||Contestant||Real Name||Age||Hometown|| Ep.|
| Ep. 4 (Snatch|
|Ep. 10 (Recap)||Ep. 11 (Finale)||
|Tyra Sanchez||James Ross||21||Orlando, FL||HIGH||HIGH|
|WIN||SAFE Immunity||WIN||LOW Immunity||SAFE||HIGH||WIN
Mini Challenge Winner
|Raven||David Petruschin||30||Riverside, CA||SAFE
Mini Challenge Winner
Mini Challenge WInner
|HIGH Mini Challenge Winner||HIGH||WIN||WIN||HIGH||N/A||RUN|
|Jujubee||Airline Inthyrath||25||Boston, MA||SAFE||HIGH|
|SAFE||LOW||HIGH||BTM2||HIGH Mini Challenge Winner||BTM2||BTM2||N/A||ELIM||RTRN|
|4th||Tatianna||Joey Santolini||21||Falls Church, VA||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||WIN||LOW Immunity||SAFE||BTM2||HIGH Mini Challenge WInner||ELIM||RTRN|
|Pandora Boxx||Michael Steck||37||Rochester, NY||HIGH|| SAFE
|HIGH||HIGH||SAFE||HIGH Mini Challenge Winner||LOW||ELIM|| MS.|
(Fan Vote Winner)
|Jessica Wild||José David Sierra||29||San Juan, PR||SAFE||HIGH|
|7th||Sahara Davenport||Antoine Ashley||25||New York, NY||BTM2||WIN
|8th||Morgan McMichaels||Thomas White||28||Mira Loma, CA||WIN||SAFE
|9th||Sonique||Jaycen Edwards||26||Atlanta, GA||SAFE||LOW||SAFE||ELIM||RTRN|
|10th||Mystique Summers Madison||Donté Sims||25||Bedford, TX||LOW||HIGH|
|ELIM Team Captain||RTRN|
|11th||Nicole Paige Brooks||Bryan Christopher Pryor||36||Atlanta, GA||SAFE||ELIM||RTRN|
|12th||Shangela Laquifa Wadley||D.J. Pierce||28||Paris, TX||ELIM||RTRN|
- █ The contestant won RuPaul's Drag Race.
- █ The contestant was the first runner up of RuPaul's Drag Race.
- █ The contestant was eliminated in 3rd place & did not compete in final lip sync.
- █ The contestant won the main challenge. Winners in Episodes 1-5 received immunity in the next challenge.
- █ The contestant was one of the best but did not win the main challenge.
- █ The contestant was a member of a winning team but did not win the main challenge.
- █ The contestant was one of the worst but did not place in the bottom two.
- █ The contestant placed in the bottom two but was not eliminated.
- █ The contestant placed in the bottom two & was eliminated.
- █ After being eliminated, the contestant was voted Ms. Congeniality by viewers.
- █ The contestant returned to appear in Episode 12, the reunion special.
- █ The contestant did not participate in this episode.
- Tyra Sanchez is the second contestant in Drag Race history to make it to the finale without lip-syncing, and remained the only winner to accomplish this feat until Bianca Del Rio in Season 6. They were then followed by Violet Chachki in Season 7 and Sasha Velour in Season 9.
- Tyra Sanchez is the first contestant in Drag Race history to win three challenges in one season.
- Morgan McMichaels is the first contestant in Drag Race history to win the first main challenge and not achieve top 3 status, and remained the only one to accomplish this until Season 6, when BenDeLaCreme became the second contestant to achieve this. They were followed by Nina Bo'Nina Brown in Season 9 and Mayhem Miller in Season 10.
- Jujubee is the first and only contestant to make it to the top 3 without winning any of the main challenges. She is also the lip-sync assassin of Season 2, having eliminated Sahara Davenport, Pandora Boxx and Tatianna.
- Episode 8 marked the first time that a contestant won two consecutive challenges. Raven accomplished this feat.
- Episode 10 was a recap episode and clip show of deleted scenes of the preceding episodes and unaired footage from casting.
- Episode 12 was the reunion special, where Pandora Boxx was announced as "Miss Congeniality".
- Episode 4 is the only Snatch Game where the queens had receive "Heel or No Heel" to see if they were safe or stayed on the main stage.
- Pandora Boxx, Raven and Jujubee returned to the show for the first All Stars season, Tatianna for the second, & Shangela and Morgan McMichaels for the third.
- This makes Season 2 the only season to have at least one of it's queens return to compete on each All Stars season.
- This also makes Season 2 the season to send the most queens to All Stars seasons, a total of six.
- Sahara Davenport is the first contestant to pass away.
|Series #||Episode #||Title #||Airdate|
|10||1||Gone with the Windows||February 1, 2010|
|11||2||Starbootylicious||February 8, 2010|
|12||3||Country Queens||February 15, 2010|
|13||4||The Snatch Game||February 22, 2010|
|14||5||Here Comes the Bride||March 1, 2010|
|15||6||Rocker Chicks||March 8, 2010|
|16||7||Once Upon a Queen||March 22, 2010|
|17||8||Golden Gals||March 29, 2010|
|18||9||The Diva Awards||April 12, 2010|
|19||10||The Main Event Clip Show||April 19, 2010|
|20||11||Grand Finale||April 26, 2010|
|21||12||Reunion||April 26, 2010|
Episode 1, "Gone with the Windows"
The 12 queens arrive and start to size up their competition. Early on in the episode, they discover that some of the queens met one another prior to being cast: Sahara and Shangela, Raven and Morgan, and Nicole and Sonique. After meeting RuPaul for the first time, the queens are pushed into a photo shoot with photographer Mike Ruiz for a Gone with the Wind inspired photo shoot involving the girls straddling a cannon and a high speed fan blowing in their faces.
The first challenge consists of 12 window hola treatments with different style curtains, courtesy of Smith+Noble. Each queen has to choose one and make an outfit made entirely of the curtains. Raven is allowed to select her curtains first as a reward for having the best photo, but the other queens must race one another to grab one of the available window treatments and home furnishings provided by Out of the Closet. Morgan and Tatianna end up fighting over one of the window treatments, both claiming they grabbed it first. Morgan eventually gives in; Tatianna keeping the curtains. Back in the work room, Shangela has saved a spot for Pandora to work next to her so she can ask for help with her own dress. Mystique has difficulty not having a plus sized dress forms and says that the material from the curtains were not plus size friendly.
In the runway challenge, RuPaul, Merle Ginsberg, and Santino Rice return as regular judges. Mike Ruiz stays on as a guest judge and Kathy Griffin appears as a special guest judge. At the conclusion of the runway show, the judges praise Tyra, Morgan and Pandora's performance; selecting Morgan as the winner of the challenge for having their preferred costume design. Although the judges greatly criticize Mystique's outfit, she is declared safe by RuPaul due to her strong runway presentation, leaving Shangela and Sahara in the bottom two; Shangela for a lack of experience and the poor construction of her outfit, and Sahara for not look "draggy" enough (according to Kathy Griffin). Asked to "lip sync for their life," Shangela and Sahara perform RuPaul's "Cover Girl". Shangela is the first to rip off her dress but Sahara delivers an acrobatic performance, outstaging Shangela. RuPaul makes the decision to ask Shangela to sashay away.
- Mini-Challenge: Gone with the Wind inspired photo shoot
- Mini-Challenge Winner: Raven
- Main Challenge: Outfits made from window treatments and home furnishings
- Main Challenge Winner: Morgan McMichaels
- Bottom Two: Sahara Davenport & Shangela Laquifa Wadley
- Lip Synch Song: "Cover Girl (Put the Bass in Your Walk)" by RuPaul
- Eliminated: Shangela Laquifa Wadley
- Farewell Message: "Love you all. Turn it out... Shangela "DJ" "
Episode 2, "Starrbootylicious"
The girls are given a mini-challenge where they're split into teams of two (with Mystique working alone, as there's an odd number of girls) and asked to give a RuPaul doll a "bad girl" makeover. RuPaul selects Sahara and Pandora as the winners, and they're made group leaders for the next challenge.
For the main challenge, the contestants will be split into two teams and create a burlesque performance for a Hollywood nightclub to "Tranny Chaser" by RuPaul. Sahara selects Jessica, Jujubee, Tyra, and Mystique for her team, while Pandora picks Morgan, Sonique, Tatianna, Raven, and is left with Nicole (the last queen to be picked). Raven explains that no one wanted to pick Nicole because it's a sexy challenge and she's not sexy. Tyra says that she would have preferred working on Pandora's team, and as a result doesn't cooperate with her teammates by refusing to participate in a demonstration from two burlesque entertainers, failing to participate in her groups rehearsal, and falling asleep in the work room.
When it comes time for the challenge, RuPaul reveals a twist inspired by her film Starrbooty: not only will the teams take turns performing on stage at the Hollywood club Dragonfly, but they'll also take turns selling cherry pie gift certificates from Café Audrey to people on the street. The team that makes the most money in tips at the club and in gift certificates outside will be the winner. Judging their performances in the club are the show's regular judges along with guest judge Kim Coles and extra special guest judge, burlesque performer, Dita Von Teese. While Pandora's team has a mixed performance, Sahara's team does well both inside and out despite the earlier conflict.
At the judging panel, after the runway show, Sahara's team is declared as having earned the most money during the challenge. Sahara is also announced as being the challenge winner for leading her team. While all of the girls on Pandora's team take varying amounts of criticism, (with the exception of Morgan, who has immunity.) Pandora's performance and leadership are praised, but her runway oufit is deemed a flop. Sonique is also praised for her dance performance, but her attitude selling pies was admonished. Raven and Nicole are noted for bringing in the least amount of money out of all eleven girls, yet Kim Coles remarks that Raven's humor is what makes her interesting. Despite Tatianna being picked out by three of her teammates as the weakest member of the team, Raven and Nicole are selected to land in the bottom two for having earned the least amount of money for the challenge. After lip synching for their lives, Raven is saved from elimination and Ru sends Nicole home with words of encouragement, as RuPaul herself had a career in Atlanta in the 1980s.
- Mini-Challenge: Turn "Mini-Ru" doll from a lady to a tramp in teams of two
- Mini-Challenge Winners: Sahara Davenport & Pandora Boxx
- Team Challenge: Teams compete to earn more cash performing burlesque and selling gift certificates
- Main Challenge Winner: Sahara Davenport
- Runway Theme: High Class Drag
- Bottom Two: Nicole Paige Brooks & Raven
- Lip Synch Song: "My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)" by En Vogue
- Eliminated: Nicole Paige Brooks
- Farewell Message: "Be Safe Bitch N.P. Brooks"
Episode 3, "Country Queens"
The girls enter the workroom to discover a long table, where most of the girls speculate that they will have to eat something. They're asked to play a game that RuPaul calls "Chicken, or What?", in which they participate in a blind taste test of three foods. They have to guess if what they ate was chicken or some other fried food ("what?"). The three queens with the most points are Pandora, Mystique and Morgan. As a tie breaker, the three contestants raced to see who could eat a basket of fried chicken, rabbit, alligator and deep fried cow brains the fastest. Mystique and Morgan are declared the winners. They become captains and have to form their teams for the main challenge.
The main challenge tasked the two groups with creating a commercial for Disco Extra Greasy Shortening. Mystique's team creating a commercial for fish fillets, and Morgan's team creating a commercial for fried chicken. After the leaders have cast what parts their teammates would play, and after everyone has memorized most of their lines, RuPaul reveals a twist: the queens need to swap scripts, forcing them to change their entire performance immediately.
|Character||The McCoys||The Hatfields|
During the commercial taping, guest judge Kathy Najimy serves as co-director and coaches the girls through the commercial. Mystique's team films first, and Kathy is severe in critiquing everyone; particularly, Jessica's accent and Mystique being unable to take direction well. When Morgan's team is set to film, Kathy criticizes Raven for not being funny in the part of the chicken.
At the judging panel, the girls are asked to walk in their best country outfits. They are joined by extra special guest judge Tanya Tucker. After watching the commercials, RuPaul tells them that they will be critiqued individually rather than as a team, so neither team is safe. Tyra, Raven, Jessica, Pandora, and Mystique are called out as the best and worst of the week. Jessica receives high praise for both her runway attire and her performance in the commercial. Pandora's performance is also praised, but her runway look once again fails to impress. Tyra is named the winner for doing a terrific job on the commercial and for having three different outfits on the runway. Raven and Mystique are in the bottom two; Raven for her bad performance, and Mystique for her lack of taking direction and her non-country look. Raven again stands triumphant after lip synching for her life, and Mystique is sent home.
- Mini-Challenge: "Chicken or What?" eating contest
- Mini-Challenge Winners: Mystique Summers Madison and Morgan McMichaels
- Team Challenge: Teams compete as feuding families in a TV Commercial for Disco Shortening in Country
- Challenge Winner: Tyra Sanchez
- Runway Theme: Denim and Diamond
- Bottom Two: Mystique Summers Madison & Raven
- Lip Synch Song: "I Hear You Knockin" by Wynonna Judd
- Eliminated: Mystique Summers Madison
- Farewell Message: "Balls 2 the Walls. Fishes or Bitches. You pick. Mystique."
Episode 4, "The Snatch Game"
The contestants are given a mini challenge called "The Queen is Right," where the girls are shown drag essential items and asked to bid on how much they believe the item is worth. The contestant who comes closest to the actual price wins. Raven wins the challenge, and she is rewarded by being allowed a one time call home. The queens are then asked to impersonate celebrities as part of a Match Game homage, called "Snatch Game."Alec Mapa and Phoebe Price are contestants on the show, and each girl impersonates a different celebrity, with the objective to be as funny as possible within their own character.
|Jujubee||Kimora Lee Simmons|
|Pandora Boxx||Carol Channing|
|Sahara Davenport||Whitney Houston|
After the gameshow, the girls walk the runway in their own personal styles. Tyra, Raven, Jessica and Sahara are all declared safe, leaving the other girls as the best and worst of the week. Both Tatianna and Pandora received high marks for their celebrity impersonations, while Morgan, Sonique and Jujubee are all criticized. Despite receiving negative critiques on her outfit, Tatianna is declared the winner of the challenge, leaving Morgan and Sonique in the bottom two for having the weakest celebrity impersonations, and to lip synch for their lives. Both girls' performances impressed RuPaul, Morgan for having the tightest lip synch performance seen on the show so far and Sonique for working the entire stage with her gymnastics. In the end, RuPaul allowed Morgan to stay, as Morgan said, "it's a lipsynch competition not a gymnastic competition." Sonique is sent home. Guest judges include Lisa Rinna and Niecy Nash.
- Mini-Challenge: "The Queen is Right" bidding challenge
- Mini-Challenge Winner: Raven
- Main Challenge: Celebrity impersonations in a Match Game setting
- Challenge Winner: Tatianna
- Bottom Two: Morgan McMichaels & Sonique
- Lip Synch Song: "Two of Hearts" by Stacey Q
- Eliminated: Sonique
- Farewell Message: "☮♥ XO Son!que "Trust" "
Episode 5, "Here Comes the Bride"
The contestants are given a mini challenge to decorate a white box using provided supplies and an item borrowed from another queen, which Raven wins. RuPaul then announces the main challenge of the week. The girls are going to create their very own wedding dress by altering weddings dresses provided to them. As an additional twist to the challenge, the queens will be shooting wedding portraits using not only their girl drag, but their best guy drag as well by posing as both bride and groom for the portraits. Raven gets first pick of her wedding dress to alter, and then gets to pick the order the rest of the girls pick their dresses out in as well. After each contestant poses both as bride and groom for their photos, they then walk the runway in their wedding dress creations. Raven, Jujubee, and Tyra receive high praise for their dresses, while Tatianna, Morgan, and Sahara receive harsher critiques. RuPaul asks the girls to tell them anything that the judges may not be seeing on the runway, and Tatianna, JuJu, and Pandora call out Tyra for her insensitivity and lack of respect for her fellow contestants, leading to a huge argument regarding Tyra's character. Despite the accusations, Tyra is declared the winner of the challenge. With Tatianna having immunity from the last challenge, RuPaul places Sahara and Morgan in the bottom two to lip synch for their lives. Sahara wins the lip synch with her balletic performance, causing Ru to "raise the roof" and leaving Morgan spinning and confused. Hence, Morgan is eliminated. Guest judges include Mathu Andersen and Martha Wash.
- Mini-Challenge: Decorate a box that shows who they are and they must borrow something from another contestant
- Mini-Challenge Winner: Raven
- Main Challenge: Dress up as the bride and groom in a wedding photo shoot
- Challenge Winner: Tyra Sanchez
- Bottom Two: Morgan McMichaels & Sahara Davenport
- Lip Synch Song: "Carry On" by Martha Wash
- Eliminated: Morgan McMichaels
- Farewell Message: "All you have to do is DREAM! Morgan XOXO!"
Episode 6, "Rocker Chicks"
The girls arrive to RuPaul giving them a mini challenge in which they must style a wig, giving it a glam rock makeover. Pandora is declared winner. RuPaul reveals the remaining contestants a very special and very unique challenge. They must create a rocker chick outfit and perform live vocals to a rock and roll cover to RuPaul's Ladyboy. Jujubee and Jessica are excited by the challenge, seeing it as their chance to shine, as Jessica had previously sung with a band in Puerto Rico, and Jujubee has a great singing voice. Tatianna is less than enthused due to a fear of public singing. The girls get one-on-one 10 minute rehearsal time with Terri Nunn from Berlin (band) to help them prepare for their performance. As part of winning the challenge, Pandora gets 20 minutes of rehearsal time. On elimination day, instead of the usual runway, the girls each take their turn performing their rock song for the judges and a small crowd. Jessica, Pandora, and Raven perform very well. Tatianna, despite her initial fears, surprises everyone and gives a solid performance as well. Sahara comes out screeching and stumbles over several the lyrics. Tyra comes out in the style of Beyoncé and performs like her, singing and breathing deeply. Unfortunately, much to everyone's shock, Jujubee chokes at the last second from a lack of confidence in the lyrics and ends up botching most of the song. The judges praise Jessica, Pandora and Raven, and critique Jujubee for her nervousness, Sahara for being too girly and chic (who gets defensive towards Merle Ginsberg who wanted to see more), Tatianna for depending on her body and Tyra for not being rock enough and concerned with her look more than with the music. Jessica is declared the winner, but RuPaul informs the girls that she has removed the girl's immunity award, and no queen is safe from elimination in the next round. Jujubee and Sahara fall to the bottom. During their lip synch of Black Velvet, Sahara starts dancing ballet with kicks and pirouettes. Jujubee gives a sultry performance which includes falling to the floor and crying aloud, capturing the essence of the song, thus managing to lip synch her way back into the competition, and Sahara is eliminated. Guest judges include Henry Rollins and Terri Nunn.
- Mini-Challenge: Give a wig a glam rock makeover.
- Mini-Challenge Winner: Pandora Boxx
- Main Challenge: Live rock performance of "Lady Boy" by RuPaul
- Challenge Winner: Jessica Wild
- Bottom Two: Jujubee & Sahara Davenport
- Lip Synch Song: "Black Velvet" by Alannah Myles
- Eliminated: Sahara Davenport
- Farewell Message: "Live, Love and Believe!!! XO. Sahara"
Episode 7, "Once Upon a Queen"
The remaining girls are given a mini challenge where they "read" (insult) the other contestants. The girls have no trouble cutting each other over anything from physical flaws to personalities, with Tatianna being the exception by forfeiting halfway through. Jujubee wins the mini challenge, and RuPaul then gives the girls their main challenge for the week. Each contestant is to create an autobiography book cover and title that represents their own personal stories about how doing drag has impacted their lives.
|Jessica Wild||Jessica Wild: Dreams of a Golden Child|
|Jujubee||Memoirs of a Gay-Sha: Jujubee’s Journey, I’m Still Here!|
|Pandora Boxx||Out of the Boxx: How Drag Saved My Life.|
|Raven||Young, Broke, and Fabulous: The Pursuit of Finding Your Inner Trust Fund.|
|Tatianna||Tati: From Teen Queen to Drag Superstar!|
|Tyra Sanchez||The Woman in Me: A Guide to Letting Go of the Past, Accepting the Present, and Looking Forward to a Better Future|
As an additional challenge, the girls field questions via a satellite interview, where they must not only present their autobiography, but also promote a new Absolut alcoholic beverage. Raven and Jujubee had excellent interviews, while Jessica oversold the drink and Tatianna forgot to promote her drink before time ran out. For the main runway, the girls were asked to dress up in outfits to wear to the world premiere of their book launching party. For having the best book cover and interview, Raven won the challenge, although Jujubee was also highly praised. Tyra also, in general, received positive feedback, although her book cover was criticized. Pandora forgot to include the brand name of the drink in her interview and her outfit was criticized harshly by Santino, but she was ultimately declared safe. It was Jessica and Tatianna who fell into the bottom two due to the poorest book covers, shaky interviews, and less than favorable runway attire. Jackie Collins disliked Tatianna's book name and cover, and the judges commented that her outfit looked like "jailbait". Nobody enjoyed Jessica's book cover and her interview was deemed "trainwreck territory". During the lip synch Jessica danced wildly while Tatianna kept a smooth slow demeanor. After lip synching for their lives RuPaul shocked everyone, including Tatianna, by allowing Tatianna to stay and eliminating Jessica from the competition. Guest judges include Gigi Levangie and Jackie Collins.
- Mini-Challenge: "Read" (insult) the other contestants
- Mini-Challenge Winner: Jujubee
- Main Challenge: Come up with and promote a concept for an autobiography
- Challenge Winner: Raven
- Bottom Two: Jessica Wild & Tatianna
- Lip Synch Song: "He's the Greatest Dancer" by Sister Sledge
- Eliminated: Jessica Wild
- Farewell Message: "I love you girls! Viva P.R.! JW."
Episode 8, "Golden Gals"
This week's challenges focused entirely on age. For the mini challenge, the girls had to match all 12 of this season's contestants to their baby pictures, including their own. The main challenge consisted of the girls taking older gay men and transforming them into their drag mothers for the runway. The contestants were also expected to perform a lip synch with their mothers to RuPaul's song "Main Event." Tatianna got to pick who each girl would be teamed up with as her reward for winning the mini challenge. Each girl had different problems they had to overcome while working with their drag mothers, from Raven's partner being overly hairy to Tatianna's partner having a bad leg. After their performances, the girls were judged based on their transformation of their partner into drag queens as well as their lip synch performance.
|Pandora Boxx||Litter Boxx|
|Tyra Sanchez||Big Tyra|
Raven won the challenge due to her having the most dramatic makeover out of everyone. Raven made no effort to hide her smugness about winning over Tatianna to the cameras. Pandora was once again criticized on her outfits and not being bold enough for the judges' taste, claiming that her own drag mother upstaged her in humor. It was her and Jujubee, for her shaky lip synch performance with her drag mother, that fell into the bottom two. After being consistently safe through the challenges up until now, Pandora was eliminated and Jujubee joined the ranks of the final four girls in the competition. Entertainment Weekly called Pandora's elimination, "the most controversial elimination of the season." Guest judges include Debbie Reynolds, Cloris Leachman and NYX Cosmetics founder Toni Ko.
- Mini-Challenge: Quickly match the season's 12 contestants with their baby pictures
- Mini-Challenge Winner: Tatianna
- Main Challenge: Transform older men into drag mothers and perform a lip synch duet with them
- Challenge Winner: Raven
- Bottom Two: Jujubee & Pandora Boxx
- Lip Synch Song: "Shake Your Love" by Debbie Gibson
- Eliminated: Pandora Boxx
- Farewell Message: "Lick this Boxx, bitch. XOXO Love you all Pandora Boxx"
Episode 9, "The Diva Awards"
This week's challenges focused on creating polished looks for different events. For their mini-challenge, the queens had to style and accessorize identical dresses without cutting or gluing them. Whilst Jujubee is praised for being fully made up and padded and Tyra for making her own clutch bag and looking very elegant, Raven is criticized for her boots, and the other girls think that Tatianna overaccessorized. Ru eventually names Tyra the winner, and she is placed in charge of choreographing an opening number for The Diva Awards, where the queens must put together three looks for three different Diva Award ceremonies:
- The Teen Diva Awards, where the queens must dress like teen idols.
- The Diva DC Press Awards, where the queens must pull out executive realness looks,
- The Diva Hollywood Extravaganza Awards, where the queens are expected to wear their most glamarous
During their preparations, JuJu and Raven team up to make sure they both get into the final, Tyra begins to make a gown completely out of fur, much to the other girls bemusement and annoyance due to the amount of fur coming off the fabric, and Tatianna takes a while to start working due to her inexperience in making gowns. In giving his critiques, Ru questions Tyra's fur gown, tells Raven that she needs to bring everything she's learned about drag to this challenge, worries that Jujubee's eleganza look is too understated and criticizes Tatianna for making excuses despite being so far on in the competition. This week's guest judges include Tatum O'Neal and Marissa Jaret Winokur. During their opening number, Jujubee misses some of the steps but is praised for keeping poised. Both Raven and Tyra receive high marks for their looks and 'award show speeches', whilst Jujubee's eleganza look is criticized for looking too much like a costume and out of Tatianna's outfits, the only one the judges liked was her executive realness look. Ru names Tyra the winner, whilst Jujubee and Tatianna lip-sync to "Something He Can Feel" by Aretha Franklin. Jujubee gives a poised performance, whilst Tatianna decides to sing the backing vocals, leading her to be sent home, giving Jujubee a place in the final three along with Tyra and Raven.
- Mini-Challenge: Style and accessorize one of four identical dresses
- Mini-Challenge Winner: Tyra Sanchez
- Main Challenge: Create three different looks for "Diva Award" ceremonies (Teen Diva, Diva D.C. Press, and Diva Hollywood Extravaganza) and perform a group opening number
- Challenge Winner: Tyra Sanchez
- Bottom Two: Jujubee & Tatianna
- Lip Synch Song: "Something He Can Feel" by Aretha Franklin
- Eliminated: Tatianna
- Farewell Message: "Do you 2 the FULLEST. Love TATI."
Episode 10, "The Main Event Clip Show"
Highlights and outtakes from the second season's first nine episodes. The episode opens up with RuPaul standing alone in a balloon-filled room, singing her song "Main Event" while a montage of clips from the season are shown. Then RuPaul shows never-before-seen pre-show audition clips of all the eliminated girls so far which included Shangela cleaning a car, Nicole Paige Brooks with her son, Mystique explaining her "two-piece and a biscuit", Sonique's outfits and wardrobe, Morgan McMichaels using a back alley as a runway, Sahara Davenport dancing on stage, Jessica speaking about what drag means to her, Pandora's hilarious antics, and Tatianna's sheer femininity.
Then season 1 contestants Ongina, Shannel, and season 1 winner BeBe Zahara Benet join RuPaul as she counts down the top ten most unforgettable fits and fashions from the season. Ru's picks for the Top Ten Fits and Fashions on the Runway were:
- 10. Mystique Summers Madison's splits and drops
- 9. Tatianna's high class purple gown from Episode 2
- 8. Jujubee's high class pink gown from Episode 2
- 7. Jessica Wild's country realness outfit from Episode 3
- 6. The stylings of the judges and guest judges
- 5. The queens' rockstar looks from Episode 6
- 4. Raven's book launch party dress from Episode 7
- 3. Tyra's three-part country ensemble from Episode 3
- 2. Tatianna vs. Tyra on the main stage in Episode 5
- 1. RuPaul's various judging panel gowns
After, RuPaul reveals some never-before-seen, behind the scenes moments including the queens impersonating each other, the contestants' family relationships and the unseen moments on the main stage. Then RuPaul gave us a fast-forward flashback recap of the entire season, followed by an up close and personal look at the final 3 (Tyra, Jujubee & Raven).
Episode 11, "Music Video Finale"
Merle and Santino arrive to tell the last three queens about their final challenge - dressing in their best 80s outfits and shooting the music video for RuPaul's next single: "Jealous of My Boogie." They will work with guests who include reality star Robert Verdi,who will help the girls with fashion, make-up artist Mathu Anderson, who will direct the video and choreographer Ryan Heffington, who will coach them in a small fight sequence a la Dynasty. Each queen meets with RuPaul, who is dressed in drag, as their male selves, and speak. Tyra tells RuPaul that he wishes to win for the sake of his son. Jujubee reflects on his father's death, and Raven speaks about how his parents divorcing and his mother's heartbreak affected him.
During the shoot, each girl is given a certain script, where they confront RuPaul and get slapped. Raven forgets lines and Jujubee is very exaggerated. Mathu suggests that Tyra act hurt when RuPaul shuts her down. Mathu's accent makes him sound like he is saying hood and Tyra asks how "hood". RuPaul is delighted that it could work and they proceed.
At the elimination, RuPaul says Jujubee has star power and is clearly the most intelligent of the girls, but Merle disagreed and believed Tyra to be. Jujubee is eliminated first, due to her outfit and her perceived lack of drag iconography in fashion and beauty compared to the other two girls. Raven and Tyra are left, both being praised highly by the judges, who comment on Raven's 'superstar' quality and Tyra's glamour and tenacity. The two queens must lip synch to "Jealous of My Boogie". In the confessional, Raven says that she will continue to perform as she always has, and remains on the stage giving a solid performance. Tyra spins, throws off part of her outfit, goes to the judges table and sings to them, and finally ends with a split. RuPaul announces that Tyra Sanchez is the winner of the Season Two contest, with Raven as runner-up. Raven congratulates her and the girls hug, but Tyra collapses on the floor struggling to breathe from being so shocked. In the confessional she laughs that she 'forgot to breathe.' After the show, as witnessed in the last episode of RuPaul's Drag Race Untucked, Raven refuses to speak to Tyra and writes a negative comment on the mirror insinuating that Tyra will never be a star. Tyra laughs and says that she already is a star as she won the contest.
- Main Challenge: Shooting a music video for "Jealous Of My Boogie (Gomi & RasJek Edit)" and acting in a scripted scene with RuPaul inspired by the TV show Dynasty
- Eliminated: Jujubee
- Farewell Message: "You are your own worst critic... let go, forgive, & live. Love, Juju B."
- Top Two: Raven & Tyra Sanchez
- Lip Synch Song: "Jealous Of My Boogie (Gomi & RasJek Edit)" By Rupaul
- Runner-Up: Raven
- Farewell Message: "Keep your eyes on the stars... you'll never be one - Raven"
- Winner of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 2: Tyra Sanchez
Episode 12, "Reunion"
Season 2 cast reunite to talk about their journey and The Miss Congeniality Award Winner is announced. Shangela reflects on what happened after (She won the 2010 California Entertainer of the Year award after taping had wrapped). Nicole Paige Brooks reveals that she was disappointed in Raven for talking bad about her when Nicole believed they were friends. Mystique claims she left the race because she felt her mother's safety was in danger, while she worked in Mexico. Sonique breaks down and then emotionally reveals that she has been unhappy with her life as a queen and so has begun taking hormones to transition from male to female. Morgan reveals that she and Mystique have made up, after their fight from the first episode of Untucked.
The second half of contestants come out and Sahara Davenport discusses her family's positive reaction to her drag lifestyle and talks about the fan mail she received. Jessica Wild laughs about her language problems and mentions the fan mail she has received including inspiring a mother to be more accepting of her son. Tatianna and Raven argue extensively over Raven's comments that Tatianna relied on her looks in the competition. Tatianna is hurt and Raven remains angry, but she apologizes and they later hug it out at Ru's insistence. Ru asks Pandora Boxx about her admission of attempting suicide in the past, and Pandora takes comfort in the huge fan response. Jujubee discusses being a 'gaysian' and her family's pride in her. Several of the girls become emotional as Pandora tearfully tells of her father watching the show and calling her to say that he was proud of her just a few weeks before his death. The queens reflect on Tyra's victory and her change to a kinder, quieter demeanor. Tyra reveals she has used some of the prize money to straighten her teeth. RuPaul announces the Miss Congeniality Award, with Pandora Boxx winning in a landslide. The queens all dance together for the last time.
- Miss Congeniality Winner: Pandora Boxx
4th: Tatianna • 5th: Pandora Boxx (Miss Congeniality) • 6th: Jessica Wild • 7th: Sahara Davenport • 8th: Morgan McMichaels • 9th: Sonique • 10th: Mystique Summers • 11th: Nicole Paige Brooks • 12th: Shangela
Emanuel Palmer • Max "The Body" Philisaire