Tammie Brown is the stage name of drag performer Keith Glen Schubert, a drag queen, singer and actor from Los Angeles, California. Tammie Brown competed in the first season of RuPaul's Drag Race. She is known on the show for her strange and quirky personality, and for her "Classic, Movie Star-Glamour."
After being eliminated in Episode 2 of Season 1, Tammie was brought back for RuPaul's All Stars Drag Race, paired up with her fellow first season contestant Nina Flowers; together they made "Team Brown Flowers". They were eliminated second.
|Season Competed:||Season 1||All-Stars|
|Ranking:||8th Place||6th Place|
|Times as Team Captain:||0||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||0||0|
|Times in Bottom Two:||1||1|
|Episode Eliminated:||ep. 2||ep. 2|
Drag comes naturally to Tammie as she used to read women's magazines, play dress-up and walk around in high heels since she was a child.
Before performing in drag, Keith performed as Cha Cha in the musical Grease, and as the Wicked Stepmother from Into the Woods.
Tammie's most memorable performance was at a Piano Bar called "The Paradise" in Long Beach California. As she was doing the number, her wig fell off. She also noticed her dress was falling off underneath her jacket, and she tore it off revealing the falling dress. She kicked her high heels across the bar, and accidentally hit somebody in the head with a heel.
In her introduction video for RuPaul's Drag Race, she described herself as excited, rock 'n toll and tasty, when the queens were required to describe themselves in three words.
Drag Name Origin
She wanted to use her real name as Keith Glen Schubert or Glen Schubert like RuPaul. But the queens in Corpus Christi, Texas said she needed a drag name. One night she and her friend were doing a three way call and playing telephone tricks to a boy she liked. The caller ID said Bob Brown (her friend’s stepdad’s name) when he answered, “Bob Brown? You’re not Bob Brown! You’re Keith Glen!” She answered, “Well I can change my name to be Tammie Brown!” When she was younger, she loved Tina Turner and the movie Tootsie so much she wanted to be Tootsie Turner. She also thought of Esmeralda after hearing it from someone.
Tammie Brown was eliminated in the second episode of RuPaul's Drag Race.
During the second episode, called "Girl Group Challenge", the queens had to split into two teams and perform one of Destiny's Child's songs, with Michelle Williams as the guest judge.
The cause of her elimination was the fact that she messed up during the number, and her team was outshined by the other. Tammie fell into the bottom two alongside Akashia.
Tammie had decided prior to the lip-sync that she would not be lip-syncing to the song "Break the Dawn" by Michelle Williams. Tammie danced herself through the song and was ultimately eliminated.
Tammie was announced as one of the twelve queens who would return to compete on RuPaul's All Stars Drag Race. She and fellow Season 1 contestant Nina Flowers mutually picked each other in the first episode of the season, choosing the team name "Brown Flowers". Tammie often acted like she did in Season 1, which did not bother Nina, but seemed to grate on the nerves of the other queens. After a poor performance in episode two's "Laff In", Tammie lip-synced for her and Nina's life, but lost to Latrice Royale.
- "Hi there, my name is Tammie Brown with an I-E."
- "My real name is Keith, and in drag or out of drag, I am the character, I am an entertainer."
- "I can get jiggy, I can get jiggy and wiggy!"
- "I'm a high concept character."
- "Buenas noches! Oh... See you later, in the magazines."
- "I'm not a slut, I'm a lady. You look under my skirt, and it will stick you in the eye though."
- "You both called me loser, and I don't see you out there walking the children in nature"
- "Oh! Well come on, Teletubby! Teleport us to Mars!"
- "Latrice, I just want you to know that if you want to sit, Butt naked, and eat shrimps all day. That's your business."
- "I CURED MY GRANDMOTHER."
- "Beat your face like you beat your hole."
- "Service. Ooh smell her butt. Smell her butt. She's like a cat."
- "Ha! Ha! I'm acting"
- "Let me tell you what, my father fucked Marlene Dietrich"
- "You wanted crazy? Well you got it now"
- "Tootsie Loo!"
- ''I'm Tammie Brown, and I'm gonna spin your head round and round.''
- ''Change your costume Mimi, change it aroooound!''
- Tammie loves Tina Turner and the movie "Tootsie", and toyed with the names "Tootsie Turner" or "Tootsie Turner on the Big Burner", but settled on Tammie Brown.
- Tammie appeared in the second season of America's Got Talent. She was eliminated in the audition round.
- Out of drag, Keith likes to collect records, clean the house, cook, hang out with friends, and chant.
- When not in drag, Keith volunteers at a Children's Nature Institute. Keith loves to take the children out on a nature walk, wearing hiking boots.
- Tammie enjoys making her own music videos and soundtracks.
- Out of drag, Keith has appeared on commercials for McDonald's and UPS.
- Keith also appeared in the Korn music video "Twisted Transistor".
- Tammie's appearance on Season 1 of RuPaul's Drag Race earned her a large fanbase in Australia.
- Tammie Brown made a cameo in Hot in Cleveland.
- Keith appeared in an episode of the American adaptation of How Clean Is Your House? as the friend of a family whose house needed cleaning.
- Out of drag, Keith appeared in best-selling J-Pop star Ayumi Hamasaki's music video for her song 'progress' in 2011. Hamasaki is a gay icon and a vocal supporter of the LGBT community in Japan.
- Keith lived in Mexico during his childhood.
- She once found a dead body, mistaking it for a mannequin.
Emanuel Palmer • Max "The Body" Philisaire
Team Shad: Chad Michaels & Shannel • Team Rujubee: Raven & Jujubee • Team Yarlexis (5th): Alexis Mateo & Yara Sofia • Team Latrila (6th): Manila Luzon & Latrice Royale • Team Brown Flowers (7th): Nina Flowers & Tammie Brown • Team Mandora (8th): Pandora Boxx & Mimi Imfurst
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales