Thorgy Thor (pronounced as in "th with an orgy" according to Thorgy) is the stage name of Shane Galligan, a drag performer from Brooklyn, New York. She is one of 12 contestants to compete on the eighth season of RuPaul's Drag Race. Thorgy is a self-taught performer and never had a drag mother to teach her the tricks of the trade. She says she has always had a clear vision of what she wanted Thorgy to be, and still performs numbers she created 10 years ago.
"Woo! Thorgy with a T H and orgy and I feel incredible!"
Thorgy began dressing up as a kid, but her first performance-based drag was as Frank N. Furter in The Rocky Horror Picture Show. She then entered and won drag competitions, and later moved to New York, working nightclubs like Sugarland and FWORD. She won a Glammy Award for her work there.
While Thorgy has said she loves the show RuPaul's Drag Race, she has also said the show makes it tough for every single queen not on the show, compared to what it was like for "pre-race queens." Because it has inspired so many new and inexperienced performers, it makes the market for drag performers rather crowded. Still, Thorgy celebrates and welcomes new talent.
Thorgy hopes drag will take her "out of nightclubs, into theater." She wants to perform as Carnegie Hall, tour with a cabaret-style show, and conduct a full orchestra.
"As an artist, I think it’s important to understand that good work comes in waves. Every time you are on top of the world, know that the wave will subside, then come back again. Keep going. Keep creating. And be ready for that wave. Don’t lose yourself during a low tide, but rather throw your energy into preparing for the opportunity around the corner. Treat everyone you meet with respect on your way to the top, because you may need their help on the way down... and please wear deodorant and have good breath while working in nightlife." —Thorgy Thor
- Glammy Award for her work hoating at FWORD and “SALIVA Tuesdays” at The Ritz, which is now called “YOU’RE WELCOME”
- LEGEND award at the 2014 Brooklyn Nightlife Awards
- "Oh, hi! I'm just eating fruit snacks."
- "Don't borrow anything from Thorgy, because it has voodoo. You will go home, or lipsync for your life if you borrow something from me."
- "You better think again Ru-Ru kitty!"
- "Now take this orange shit of my body!"
- "Witty catchphrase, you know what I mean?"
- ''Nobody wants the bitch who was kicked off to come back, so I was glad to beat the shit out of her with this dirty broom.''
- "Spanish women don't shave their legs. Right?"
- Her original drag name was Shananigans.
- Thorgy's mother died when she was 19 years old.
- Her grandfather was an Olympic ski-jumping champion from Norway.
- Her drag name was derived from her real middle name, Thor (she was named after her grandfather).
- In an interview shortly after her elimination, she said that she would like to see Aja on the show.
- Her first experience with drag was with the production of Rocky Picture Horror Show.
4th: Chi Chi DeVayne, 5th: Derrick Barry, 6th: Thorgy Thor, 7th: Robbie Turner, 8th: Acid Betty, 9th: Naysha Lopez, 10th: Cynthia Lee Fontaine (Miss Congeniality), 11th & 12th (double elimination): Dax ExclamationPoint & Laila McQueen
Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenburg