| Vandalism Warning
Vandalism, bullying, insults, trash talking, and inappropriate edits or deleting will NOT be tolerated. Pages on this site are designated for constructive and factual contributions. Please reserve all personal opinions for the comments section.
Venus D-Lite (Adam Guerra) is an American drag performer, actor, dancer, pusher, and a Madonna Impersonator from Los Angeles, California.
Venus D-Lite competed on RuPaul's Drag Race Season 3, where she was eliminated first, placing 13th in the competition overall.
RuPaul's Drag Race
Venus first appeared on Season 3 of RuPaul's Drag Race, in Episode 1, the "Casting Special". Unlike most Drag Race contestants, she was cast on the show through an open call audition, along with fellow contestant Delta Work.
Venus D-Lite was only on RuPaul's Drag Race for a short time on Season 3, since she left on the 2nd episode.
Venus was eliminated on the 2nd episode of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 3, which is technically the first official episode where the queens walk the runway.
The mini challenge was to jump on a trampoline in drag and shoot for a glamorous Christmas photo.
The main challenge was to come up with a Christmas-Couture, fashion-forward outfit and present it on the main stage.
The queens had to walk out in the city of Los Angeles in full drag on the way to a local thrift store; where they could spend up to $50, and shop within 10 minutes, to grab any clothes and accessories for their runway outfits.Venus D-Lite was criticized for having a poorly-executed outfit. According to Michelle Visage and guest judge Vanessa Williams, Venus's best part of the outfit was her Christmas-bow, decorated, ponytail. The rest of her outfit did not appeal to the judges.So Venus and surprise-contestant, Shangela fell into the bottom two and lip-synced to Vanessa Williams' "Right Stuff". One of the most critical causes of Venus's elimination was because of being unnecessarily rough with Shangela during the lip-sync. Venus was shoving, and dragging Shangela across the stage by her lampshade skirt and trying to get in the spotlight by going in front of Shangela. She also threw her ponytail across the stage.
Overall, Venus was the first out of 13 contestants to go home.
Drag Name Origin
She was young and poor when she started doing drag. She didn’t have a computer or internet, so she would go to Kinkos to check her e-mail. "And Venus was her name…" from the song "Venus" by Bananaarma was on the radio and she thought that would be a very cool name. She went home to her boyfriend and he helped come up with the last name D-Lite.
- "You can be my friend or you can be my enemy, just say it to my face."
- "That's shady to me"
- "I do lots of characters, but I've had plastic surgery to look more like Madonna."
- "I don't think you can be the next Drag Superstar with no confidence."
- "You're nuder the microscope now bitch."
- "Me, and then the bitches stole it"
- She started doing drag in 2002.
- Venus has had facial procedures done on his cheekbones and chin to look like Madonna.
- She is of Italian descent.
- She was influenced by Viva Sex, a legendary Southern California entertainer.
- Besides Madonna, one of his idols is Marilyn Monroe.
- Her first performance in drag was as Marilyn Monroe on the 40th Anniversary of Monroe's death.
- She buys his male and drag personas clothing at thrift stores.
- Her favorite diva is Toni Braxton.
- She was on Ricki Lake's Talkshow as Madonna, performing "Like a Virgin"
- She appeared in Christina Aguilera's video, "Hurt" in 2006.
- She appeared on E! show "Botched" in the episode "Like a Surgeon" where he wanted to receive a rhinoplasty to further look like Madonna
- She appeared on TLC show "My Strange Addiction" in episode 6 of season 6 "Grandma Lover/Addicted to Being Madonna" (2014)
- She is the drag mother to queens Azpheria Cotura and Affenia Cotura.
- Venus' Official Website
- Venus' Facebook
- Venus' Instagram
- Venus' Twitter
- Venus on Apple Music
- Venus on Wikipedia
4th: Yara Sofia (Miss Congeniality) • 5th: Carmen Carrera • 6th: Shangela • 7th: Delta Work • 8th: Stacy Layne Matthews • 9th: Mariah • 10th: India Ferrah • 11th Mimi Imfurst • 12th: Phoenix • 13th: Venus D-Lite
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales